My 60gallon planted dirt tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZHiTcH41

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm thinking about redoing the tank sometime. Idk yet, I'm never satisfied !!!

Attachments

• image-3249911932.jpg
    image-3249911932.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2361711983.jpg
    image-2361711983.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 147
  • image-1422146104.jpg
    image-1422146104.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 143
  • image-1988754193.jpg
    image-1988754193.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 139
Several options for backgrounds: 3D in tank backgrond-stick on out of tank background&paint on background..my favorite being the paint on version..

3D backgrounds are awesome but pricey. You can make your own, but you'd need to do a bunch of research to make sure it's done right.

tiger terror said:
Several options for backgrounds: 3D in tank backgrond-stick on out of tank background&paint on background..my favorite being the paint on version..

When you say " paint on background" do you mean just spray paint the glass?

Definitely easier to spray the back before the tank is setup..did both my 75g&20g after they were setup..thought it would be difficult but not so much..I used a 6" sponge roller with valspar black primer(dries fast)the black gives added depth to the tank..4 applications 15min apart with a fan blowing behind the tank to help speed up the process..you also might want to use a small foam brush for touch ups around the rim...really impressed with the results,with the added illusion of depth&how it makes everything pop out I think you'd be happy also..I'll post a pic a little later..

tiger terror said:
Definitely easier to spray the back before the tank is setup..did both my 75g&20g after they were setup..thought it would be difficult but not so much..I used a 6" sponge roller with valspar black primer(dries fast)the black gives added depth to the tank..4 applications 15min apart with a fan blowing behind the tank to help speed up the process..you also might want to use a small foam brush for touch ups around the rim...really impressed with the results,with the added illusion of depth&how it makes everything pop out I think you'd be happy also..I'll post a pic a little later..

Yeah I'd like to see that!!

Back
Top Bottom