My 65 gallon tropical freshwater aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Liking the tank. ?
What's the stocking there?
Do the tetras get a bit nippy?

thank you...my stockings are:
6 serpae tetra
6 black skirt tetra
3 angelfish
2 german blue rams
1 dwarf gourami
1 honey dwarf gourami
4 australian rainbow

~ my black skirt and serpae tetra are not nippy at all. as long as you keep them in a group of 6 or more youll be fine.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

So I have a 60 gallon with one literal gold goldfish in it. I also have a crap ton of MTS. I want more decor but I am not sure about what to get. I will be buying a new fish soon. What do you think I should buy?

So I have a 60 gallon with one literal gold goldfish in it. I also have a crap ton of MTS. I want more decor but I am not sure about what to get. I will be buying a new fish soon. What do you think I should buy?

if you lije schooling fish then i would get like a dozen of serpae tetra they are a good addition to the tank...then you can do more research on fishes down the line. in my opinion i would rehome the goldfish.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

[ QUOTE=jdmLuzon;3004974]thank you...my stockings are:
6 serpae tetra
6 black skirt tetra
3 angelfish
2 german blue rams
1 dwarf gourami
1 honey dwarf gourami
4 australian rainbow

~ my black skirt and serpae tetra are not nippy at all. as long as you keep them in a group of 6 or more youll be fine.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Aquarium Advice mobile app[/QUOTE]

Nice good groups of fish.
You have a few guys that get territorial but looks like you have that covered. Good job though.

Do you have a heater? You're going to need one for a tropical tank. Also what do you know about nitrogen cycle and testing for ammonia, nitrates, PH etc. I'd suggest some mollies and swordtails. Hardy fish as you're new to the tropical game. Maybe a school of cardinal tetras, and black widows. You could also have a school of Corys and a gourami pair (I recommend a dwarf species). You want to add the fish gradually over time not all at once. Also if you have gravel then don't get the Corys they new sand and the gravel will ruin their barbels.

Congrats, Jdm! I have that in my signature, just in case someone needs a friend to talk with.

(Friend of Bill W., One day at a time)

Back
Top Bottom