My 90G Cichlid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flippergonzo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I can't compete with Sonomakid, but after some new aquascaping, I'm starting to be really happy with the result. Other than an algae bloom about a month ago, this tank has been really quite stable for bout 6 months. I did add a new guy yesterday (the LFS called him a pink convict) - he's front and centre in the last pic.

20100102-IMG_1041.jpg

20100102-IMG_1042.jpg

20100102-IMG_1044.jpg

20100102-IMG_1049.jpg

Looks nice... my only suggestion is to get rid of the convict... theyre not compatable with africans, require different water conditions and diets, and will probably be killed by one of the others... I do like the way your tank looks, i wish i could have plants with my mbuna, but they think im giving them a treat every time i try something new

Oh really? I thought I'd read that convicts were African. I really need to learn to ask questions first before relying on my own research!

Will the convict work in my community tank with tetras, cherry barbs and guppies?

convicts are south american... and no, they wont work in a community tank either... they're mean, but africans are meaner. Best scenario is to return it and get something more compatable with what you have... what do you have right now in the tank besides the convict? looks like a red zebra in a couple of the pictures, thats all i could make out... just remember, most africans require 1 male to 3-6 females to spread out the aggression...

Wouldnt worry about me im an amateur, you tank looks awesome by the way, love the plants

Red and Black striped is supposed to be a Distichodus Sexfasciatus. Here's a closer pic of him. I'll try and get some even better pics this weekend...just bought a new macro lens for my camera today that I'm DYING to try out!

Work keeps getting in the way of fun...

IMG_0470.jpg

Wow he is way cooler looking now, thats an awesome fish, sorry for calling it a tigger barb

They are amazing. Plus, since he will get so big (up to 15 inches in captivity) I will eventually have an excuse for a GIANT (200G plus) DIY project in the basement.

In that pic his dorsal fin is a little shredded, but he's since filled it out again. I hope to have some better pics soon.

Back
Top Bottom