My Amazing 10 Gallon Planted Wonderland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great looking 10g. How's that ray II working for you? What kind of lighting schedule you have? I might have missed the details somewhere. Been wanting to upgrade the lighting on my 10.

Great looking 10g. How's that ray II working for you? What kind of lighting schedule you have? I might have missed the details somewhere. Been wanting to upgrade the lighting on my 10.

I love it. It looks great and I really like the amount of light it gives off. As soon as I got it I noticed a huge change in plant growth. I got it all on a timer that turns on around 7:15 A.M. and back off again around 12:15 P.M. and then back on again around 4:45 P.M. and stays on till about 9:45 P.M. I definitely would suggest it 110%! For my ten gallon, which is 20" long, I bought the 18" Ray II and just unscrewed the clamps and let them rest of the edge of the aquarium. Looks fine to me. I'll include a picture.

Attachments

• DSC_0363.JPG
    DSC_0363.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 165
Redesign!!

So it's been a while since I've posted on here and I thought I'd post an update.
I got pretty bored with the layout I had so two Sunday's ago I took out all the plants and did some major scaling back. For my very first planted tank layout, I really liked what I ended up with although, it needed a lot of trimming and with so many plants in just a ten gallon tank, a lot of my fish were often out of view. The attached photos start from right after the redesign and lead up until a photo taken just a few moments ago. I feel like this aquascape "flows" a whole lot better and the open space allows for more overall depth. Let me know what you guys think! I love to hear suggestions/feedback.

Note.. The very first photo is what my tank looked like right before I ripped all the plants out, definitely not at its prime, haha

Attachments

• Photo 5.jpg
    Photo 5.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Photo 10.jpg
    Photo 10.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 137
  • Photo 1.jpg
    Photo 1.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 141
  • Photo 6.jpg
    Photo 6.jpg