My Angelfish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am in love with your angels.... It makes me wish I had the money and space for a larger second tank...

Love the angels ^.^ I well be posting some pics of mine so you can see soon

I love your angels! What size tank do you have them in and how many do you have together? Do you ever have any aggression issues?

I have a 55 gallon tank, which I had 7 angels in. Unfortunately, a catastrophe in my tank left me with 2 of those 7. I lost some of my beautiful angels. I'm left with only my Koi and Halo (koi and albino ones)
I currently have a pair at my friend's house being treated with Melafix before coming over to my tank.
I am getting one more pair.
And probably one more angel.
It is a planted, angel only tank (exception of bottom feeders)

There was NEVER any aggression at all until my two angels started pairing off. The only thing that happened was some fin stiffening, trying to get all big and tough looking. When the breeding happened, I bought a divider. The angels then only got a little edgy when the big one, King, got close. Never attacked each other once. The breeding angels never did a mating dance, no lip locking, no testing each other out. None of them EVER touched each other in an aggressive way.
My secret? I don't know. The amount of love I give them? Who knows. But never once have my angels ever touched each other in an aggressive way.
The babies were transferred to an 8 gallon until they are dime sized to nickel sized, and then are sent off to friends or sold/donated to LFS's (but the breeding pair passed away... So no babies from them)

I have a 55 gallon tank, which I had 7 angels in. Unfortunately, a catastrophe in my tank left me with 2 of those 7. I lost some of my beautiful angels. I'm left with only my Koi and Halo (koi and albino ones)
I currently have a pair at my friend's house being treated with Melafix before coming over to my tank.
I am getting one more pair.
And probably one more angel.
It is a planted, angel only tank (exception of bottom feeders)

There was NEVER any aggression at all until my two angels started pairing off. The only thing that happened was some fin stiffening, trying to get all big and tough looking. When the breeding happened, I bought a divider. The angels then only got a little edgy when the big one, King, got close. Never attacked each other once. The breeding angels never did a mating dance, no lip locking, no testing each other out. None of them EVER touched each other in an aggressive way.
My secret? I don't know. The amount of love I give them? Who knows. But never once have my angels ever touched each other in an aggressive way.
The babies were transferred to an 8 gallon until they are dime sized to nickel sized, and then are sent off to friends or sold/donated to LFS's (but the breeding pair passed away... So no babies from them)

Wow, so you got all 7 of those at the same time as babies?

No, I got 4 to begin with, added 2 more, lost one and then got one off of CL that came with babies (mate died). Later I got one more.
Had them all for quite awhile. The 4 I started with (Kpi, Calypso, Mocha, and Gracie) and they were there for a long time. I watched them all grow up from quarter sizes (about) to breeding age.
Even with different SIZES of angels added at different times, no aggression issues.
Maybe I'm the angelfish whisperer? :D

Back
Top Bottom