my cichlid tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
im not claiming to be the original on it but no i have not seen this done before. i just thought it would be neat to make some caves built into the wall figuring it out lead me to use PVC. then i did my research and it works i love it. cant wait to get another tank and get even more creative with it.

Yeah I have been wanting a new DIY.. I got to do something other than buy more tanks..thanks for inspiring!

yes, i have 2 tiger barbs, 2 green barbs i call them commando barbs lol, and 1 albino barb.

i also have a yoyo loach, a large fin spotted pleco, red tail shark, orangeish algae eater.

9 cichlids as well.

some may say its got a lot of fish in it. but it looks nice and i am in the process of getting a 220 gallon and setting it up for when these outgrow this tank.

I have a ton loaches, 1 pleco, 1 feather fin, 1 synodontis and 2 Scats. I also had a red tailed shark but it jumped out after having it for about a year, I'm not saying anything expect good luck with the barbs. Mine didn't last. I had gotten 8 fairly larger tiger barbs and they lasted a week. My misfits quickly tore them up.

I have a ton loaches, 1 pleco, 1 feather fin, 1 synodontis and 2 Scats. I also had a red tailed shark but it jumped out after having it for about a year, I'm not saying anything expect good luck with the barbs. Mine didn't last. I had gotten 8 fairly larger tiger barbs and they lasted a week. My misfits quickly tore them up.

LOL, yea the barbs are not likely to last they will get outsized quickly. i have a lot of hiding places though and it may help them out. but they are fun for now.

Yeah I have been wanting a new DIY.. I got to do something other than buy more tanks..thanks for inspiring!

the wall on this 75 took about 120 pounds of rock to make, i bough all my rock from my pond / landscaping center for about 25 bucks. i did soak them all in hot water and rinsed (3 cycles over a week) to get any contaminates out of it. the pirate ship is not a perm fixture either. i like a more natural tank but the kids love it so i tossed it in for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom