My discus tank! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sara1114

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Here are a few pictures of my discus. I have 6 right now.
I have a brilliant turquoise, red pigeon blood, silver pigeon blood, blue diamond, flachen snakeskin, and a red turquoise. They're all still babies :)ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632394.233018.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632431.490314.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632313.818431.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632324.847960.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401632361.713019.jpg

They're all from Discus Depot here in Indiana. He has absolutely beautiful discus. Good the silver pigeon blood. They are so cool when full grown :)

Okay thats a Stendker, most likely from Hans originally. Curious as to what size they are, your feeding and WC schedule and tank size. With that black substrate there's a fair chance your PB's may darken up a bit or even pepper. Pretty common thing.

noob when it comes to discus and would like a couple when i re-do my 65gal tank. what's the difference between a pidgeon blood, snake skin, and flachen?

Yes they've peppered some. They're all under 4 inches still. All from Hans. It's a 75 gallon and we do 50% at least once a week. We're changing the substrate to white sand in a month.

noob when it comes to discus and would like a couple when i re-do my 65gal tank. what's the difference between a pidgeon blood, snake skin, and flachen?

Your best bet would be to google images as different sellers will list (the same) fish differently. The op states where she got hers and a quick search turned up no bad reviews. That's an awesome thing as there are a few that people get screwed by. I would suggest a lot of reading while preparing a tank for Discus. Pm me if you have any questions.

Yes they've peppered some. They're all under 4 inches still. All from Hans. It's a 75 gallon and we do 50% at least once a week. We're changing the substrate to white sand in a month.

Very awesome !!!!! I'm planning a road trip to meet Hans late summer. He's about 200 miles from me but it will be so worth it. If you haven't seen some of his videos, here's an awesome one for ya. http://youtu.be/A3XqTEsscWg

Kudos on the substrate change !!! You'll love it. Fwiw, since they're under 4", I would consider trying to get another WC mid week if possibly. It won't hurt at all. I do 3, 50% weekly and sat or sun 100%.

Oh wow cool!! Thanks for sharing and the advice! I'll start doing another water change. It can't hurt :)

What do you feed yours?

You're very welcome !!! I feed a mix of brine shrimp, Beefheart (homemade), pellets and frozen bloodworms. The added WC's will promote excellent growth, along with the food. Is your inbox open ? I'll send you a link there to something fabulous. dragonfisher33, you're included as well if you'd like. I highly recommend it in the pursuit of healthy, happy Discus !!

It should be open! I've received messages before :)

You both have beautiful discus! It's one fish I've always wanted to own :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It's MUCH easier than everyone makes it out to be! :)

Maybe in the future ;) gives me time to do plenty of research!

You both have beautiful discus! It's one fish I've always wanted to own :)

Thank you Lesley !!! Best advice I can give is take your time. You're on the right path as far as wanting to do all the research first. ???

Back
Top Bottom