My first 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Twood9615

Aquarium Advice Activist
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Dalmatian Molly
1 Julii Cory Catfish
3 Red Eye Tetra

Attachments

• user79509_pic58508_1372048149.jpg
    user79509_pic58508_1372048149.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 135
1 Dwarf Gourami
1 Dalmatian Molly
1 Julii Cory Catfish
3 Red Eye Tetra

Just to let you know, your gonna need more cories because they are schooling fish and need to be in a group of at least 3-4. But other than that, nice tank and pretty good stock. :).

I agree with FishCr8zy, you should get more cories, they are an awesome fish to have and are so funny when they school together. Also, your tank looks great, I love dark substrate, it makes the colors pop so much

Yeah, i would love to have more of them, but i don't want to add too many fish. It is only 10 gallons after all, but i may get one or two more to keep him (or her) company. Thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

Yeah, i would love to have more of them, but i don't want to add too many fish. It is only 10 gallons after all, but i may get one or two more to keep him (or her) company. Thanks for the input, i appreciate it.

Actually, I would trade the Molly for a platy or smaller fish. Even now you are actually overstocked. Mollies can grow to 5". If you get rid of the Molly, you will then have room for more cories/other fish

Oh, i was unaware that molly's would grow that big, i thought they would stay about 3",but Either way i plan on getting a 20 or 30 gallon tank farther down the road. Once i get that i will move the Molly and maybe move the Cory too and add more for it to school with. Then i could get a school of otocinclus for the 10 gallon because they are smaller, But i'm not sure when that will be, Hopefully pretty soon. Thanks for the advice.

Oh, i was unaware that molly's would grow that big, i thought they would stay about 3",but Either way i plan on getting a 20 or 30 gallon tank farther down the road. Once i get that i will move the Molly and maybe move the Cory too and add more for it to school with. Then i could get a school of otocinclus for the 10 gallon because they are smaller, But i'm not sure when that will be, Hopefully pretty soon. Thanks for the advice.

Yup. I was also unaware that they get that big too before someone on here told me so. Good luck with the 20/30 gal when you get it. A school of otos will be nice. Just make sure water is kept at a good condition and the otos should survive.
( Otos aren't the easiest type of fish to keep as a lot of people think )

They are cute little guys but not very hardy. If I need an algae cleaner, I'll prob go with a small pleco, snail, shrimp, or sae.

what types of pleco will stay small enough to keep in a 10 gallon? i thought most pleco got fairly large

i wouldnt recommend any pleco in a 10 gallon a bristlenose is the smallest and id say at least 20 gallons. i would look into flying foxes they only get 1 1/4 inch or some otocinulous catfish.

i wouldnt recommend any pleco in a 10 gallon a bristlenose is the smallest and id say at least 20 gallons. i would look into flying foxes they only get 1 1/4 inch or some otocinulous catfish.

I agree, Siamese Flying Foxes, are great fish. They will do well in any community tank and if there isn't algae for them to eat, they will easily accept flakefood/ algae wafers.

Just wanted to do an update about the tank, I gave the cory to a friend of mine and I got another red eye tetra. I am going to get one more but my lfs only had one today, I also picked up a java fern for the tank. I'm going to see how that goes and maybe I will get a piece of driftwood later on and remove some of the fake plants and add some more live plants to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom