My first 75g tank expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pr0styles

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all I am new to the community here but wanted to post about my first journey in the aquarium world. A friend of mine has upgraded his tank and therefore sent me his old one free of charge (nice guy), which leaves me the ability to create something I've never thought about before, a tank! My knowledge is very lackluster so I am taking it slow and will post pictures as I complete processes throughout.

My first stage was to clean the tank up, as it used to be a saltwater tank but I am converting to freshwater. Here are the results.

Before:
m7cm0l.jpg

14btif.jpg

10p8toi.jpg

debvp4.jpg

After"
df7g35.jpg

muttf9.jpg

More to come as I continue this journey.

Looks like quite a score!

What type of tank are you planning?

Welcome to AA by the way.

Thanks fort, I'm not entirely sure yet, I may be looking into a planted tank. I enjoy the greenery.

Cool. Lots of good planted tank enthusiasts here if you need help, and you could certainly go wild with a tank that large. Just keep in mind if you want to go planted the lighting you select is crucial... followed by substrate choice, and filtration (assuming you ultimately decide you want to inject co2).

Welcome welcome!! I hope this journey goes well for you, and can't wait to see how it progresses!

? Diana Lee ?
? the St. Augustine Redhead ?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
36g Rescape in Progress!
10g Orchid Endler's N-Class
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's been awhile, but I needed to wait for a few things to get in order at home before I continued my project. Finally I am able to say things are getting to be in order.

The tank was stored in my garage after I cleaned it, reminding me to get it done only when I went into the garage. After thinking about it I made space for it in my 'man cave' and brought it inside, knowing that I wouldn't be able to look at an unfinished tank for long, and I was correct in that assumption. Not long after bringing it inside I filled er' up.

2j60qkj.jpg

Of course once that happened it was time to decorate.

a9mxz9.jpg

This evening the wife and I are going out to get a few fish, going to get cichlids. The other day we went out to PetsMart and she really liked the Oscars, so I will probably end up with one of those but I know they get massive and it time some of that greenery will probably need to come out. She also like the Jack Dempsey, now begins the fun..

Back
Top Bottom