My first goldfish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you! Tank is 20gal. I will upgrade when they grow a bit. I have 2 orandas, the red is called piesito (little foot). The grey is Chloe!

IMG_3159.jpgIMG_3161.jpgIMG_3163.jpgIMG_3158.jpg

Update on my goldfish. They are growing so much!! I took the plastic plant away and removed the black background. How do you like it more?

They look healthy.
Thumbs up on the removal of the plastic plant.
Looked fine with and without the black background

IMG_4619.jpg
This is the last footage in the 20 gal tank. As you can see they have outgrow it in less than 6 months.... luckily I got a 250 litres tank as a present from my co-workers so we have a big house for the goldies now!! I have to set up the tank and do some cycling. I think I will put anubias and some black sand (not much, but I think they like to play with it so I prefer it over a bare bottom). Next tank mate I think I will get a calico telescope butterfly but I am open to ideas for new fish or new scaling! Please let me know!

Your Orandas

Hello ver...

Good luck with your Orandas. They're supposed to grow to close to 10 inches. Yours, in such a small tank, probably not. But they need large, frequent water changes. If you change half the water in your 20 G every two to three days, that wouldn't be too much.

I keep Comet goldfish. They're quite a bit smaller and I have them in a 38 gallon tank. I have a lot of plants too. I keep Anacharis, Hornwort and Anubias in my Comet tank. It's a good food supplement for them. They also like Duckweed.

B

Hello ver...

Good luck with your Orandas. They're supposed to grow to close to 10 inches. Yours, in such a small tank, probably not. But they need large, frequent water changes. If you change half the water in your 20 G every two to three days, that wouldn't be too much.

I keep Comet goldfish. They're quite a bit smaller and I have them in a 38 gallon tank. I have a lot of plants too. I keep Anacharis, Hornwort and Anubias in my Comet tank. It's a good food supplement for them. They also like Duckweed.

B

Thank you!! You are absolutely right! I am doing 70-80% water changes every 3 days at the moment. I have a 66 gallons tank and they will move to that in a few weeks, I hope they will enjoy it and hopefully I can fit another fancy there.

So I have finally set up the 250l =~ 60 gallons tank and they seem very happy in it!

Back
Top Bottom