My First Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andy91

Aquarium Advice Activist
Didn't really notice this section on the forums :lol:

Well this is my first tank and plan on getting a bigger one in the near future, if mom doesn't kill me. :hide: My friend (mr.pleco) got me hooked.
So... My first 20h, with alot of talking to the mother telling her I could get at 10 gallon to start out and she gave me the okay... I couldn't help but show her a 20 for $10 more... haha!

This is the current set up and keeps upgrading but so far it's set for awhile, I am slowly adding low lighting plants (Loving the look of real plants).

I have..
- the stock 20gal filter on + a 55 gal marinland HOT Mag Can
- Anubias barteri nana Golden, Java Ferns (live)
- Plastic plants
- 2 unique rocks = 1 grand canyon rock, 1 alaska glacier rock (glacier egg)
- Aquarium sand/ Gravel mix
- Castle (going to be replacing with driftwood in the future), Fake driftwood
- DIY CO2
- Fish all living happy:
1 = Dwarf Gourami
7 = Pristella Tetras
4 = Neon Tetras
3 = Juili Cory Catfish
3 = Mystery Sails
14?= Ghost shrimp

A few pictures...:)

45109-albums2359-picture17322.jpg

45109-albums2359-picture17324.jpg

45109-albums2359-picture17326.jpg

Thanks :) Yeah it use to be just the white gravel but I really liked the look of sand in tanks and for cleaning. Then they had 5lb bags on sale and had to get one. I just put it right on top, surprised me how great it looked when it mixed in slowly. :D

Thanks :) hopeing to upgrade this Christmas and ask for a 50 or 75! But highly doubt it will happen but worth a try lol.

The Gourami isn't looking to good today. It really needs to be in a group, I did alot of research and they should be in a pair or group of 3 or more... now advice from most people tell me they should be kept alone.. My DG is lonely and is stressed out because its not in a pair... Guess somethings we just got to try on our own. I know it all depends on the personality of the fish and my DG needs a buddy... if he last through the night :(

I believe everything needs to be tried and fish are just like people, some don't like the company and others do.

This is an awesome tank for your first tank, except i think natural
Plants would be better, also the castle is nice! Why change? :)

Yes actually ill be puting up new pics soon because the tank has once again changed! I am actually making it more planted, and currently at the moment just bought a new light fixture to grow pretty much anything! So in a few weeks ill be adding some fertilizer substrate for plants and mix it with the gravel/sand (slowly). Right now there are only 4 fake plants in the tank (new pics soon) and in a few weeks adding a few more live and no more fakes!

Yes the Fish can swim in and out of the castle as they wish it has alittle cave under it (pics soon).

Only bad thing is I had to rehome my snails that started to eat my plants the other day, only have one mystery sail in now to see if he changes his habbits if not then he will be rehomed till I get a bigger tank. (luckly my friend shares the same hobby and has plenty of room. :fish2:

Thanks guys! :D

Back
Top Bottom