My first tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holianl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi guys and girls just set my tank up no fish in it yet but just got the nice piece if pod in on Friday I think it looks awesome what do you all think

image-1312185310.jpg

It's got a blue background now also has a airdrome behind the wood I will implode new pics soon and hopefully have some fish in it soon

that piece of driftwood is awesome!!! How big is the tank and what are your stocking plans? Also have you heard of cycling? If you havent you should go read the article about it, sorry I dont know how to put a link in a post.

adammorrill said:
that piece of driftwood is awesome!!! How big is the tank and what are your stocking plans? Also have you heard of cycling? If you havent you should go read the article about it, sorry I dont know how to put a link in a post.

The tank is fluvial Roma 240 so I think its about 60 gallon I love the wood it looks awesome I want to stick some moss to parts of the wood do it grows around it and I haven't picked any plants yet still looking

Yah, I think it would look nice with moss on it and some plants surrounding it. You may want to get some crypts they are a great plant and IMO very hardy

Yes I've just purchased some plants last night I will add some pictures later it really sets the tank off now

adammorrill said:
I bet it does, and post pictures when you can:)

I will get them up when I finish work also put 10 harlequin rasbora fast little things they look great I can not wait to get my angelfish in now

Just a few more pics with my plants and harlequin's in now

image-894092536.jpg

image-2776241834.jpg

image-3674223971.jpg

Hope you all like it any comments and tips would be great

Wow it looks awesome with all those plants in there and will look even better with some nice angelfish

Thanks allot its always good when other people like it because it means I'm doing something write I'm planning on getting 2 platinum angels 2 black angels 2 albino bristle nose plecos and maybe some corys along the way that won't be any time soon tho hopefully get me angel fish within the next 3 weeks I can't wait

Yeah, I have one too. Pretty decent heater. Mine fluctuates between 80 and 76 degrees. It works fine fully submersed. I think I might move mine up to the water line for aesthetics.

Hi all I lost 1 of my harlequins last night it was a surprise as I fed them for the first time last night and they all seemed happy eating the flake so don't really know what happened could it be a spike in the water?

emerald76 said:
I wouldn't do 4 angels in a 60

The guy in the aquarium recommended a 63 gallon could easy house 6 angels

Holianl said:
The guy in the aquarium recommended a 63 gallon could easy house 6 angels

JMHO I wouldn't
They get very aggressive during breeding
Will most likely make snacks of harlequins

i would get a school of 6 cory cats, some other type of tetra thats a good schooler. you could get more fish later on too.

gman42 said:
i would get a school of 6 cory cats, some other type of tetra thats a good schooler. you could get more fish later on too.

I do like the albino corys you can hear them eating snails during the night as well I've heard

Back
Top Bottom