My Fluval Edge 6gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello folks,

This is my first Tank ever. I decided to go for the Fluval edge 6 gal but now I am really getting into this hobby and I want a bigger tank.

Cheers.

image-1413499699.jpg

Hi!

Nice set up. just started in this hobby with a fluval edge too - I love it.
Mine only has fake plants for now but would like to start replacing with real ones - do the standard lights etc do ok? How long has your tank been set up?

Cheers.

Looks good too! Mine has LEDs so I guess I'm good to go with plants!
Got any fish in there? Can't see on my phone app lol.

Bayo said:
Hello folks,

This is my first Tank ever. I decided to go for the Fluval edge 6 gal but now I am really getting into this hobby and I want a bigger tank.

Cheers.
Yeah I know....I have a 2g evolve,6g fluval planted,10g ,20g tall planted& a 75g planted..& need something between the 75g & 20g too..

Tjt34 said:
Looks good too! Mine has LEDs so I guess I'm good to go with plants!
Got any fish in there? Can't see on my phone app lol.

I have some white cloud minnows,2 cherry shrimp,4 crystal red shrimp,an assassin snail&1 nerite snail..all have been in for 8 months..

LEDs upgrade

What LEDs are you using? My tank has LED, the one that came with it, but I was thinking of adding another strip of LEDs, any suggestion?

Thanks!

Using the first available upgrade from halogen bulbs to led units(2) that plug right in where the halogens were..also my crs have bred & now have several lil ones throughout the tank..

That looks nice man. Watch your wallet. I started with a 5 gallon with 2 painted Tetras per my daughters request. Within 3 months of that I ended up going bananas and now have a 20g long community, a 10g dwarf puffer tank, 2 Betta bowls, and a snail breeding bowl. So yes... addicting.

SiameseCat said:
That looks nice man. Watch your wallet. I started with a 5 gallon with 2 painted Tetras per my daughters request. Within 3 months of that I ended up going bananas and now have a 20g long community, a 10g dwarf puffer tank, 2 Betta bowls, and a snail breeding bowl. So yes... addicting.

Yeah no stranger to the addiction...LOL

I think I'm getting addict to this as well. The more I read, the more things I want to try and the more things I wan to buy. I really want to start with a planted aquarium, and I would start with the one I currently have, Fluval Edge 6 gal, but the first thing I need to do if I decide to go with a planted aquarium, is changing my substrate from gravel to something better and suitable for plants, right? What do you think? Any words of wisdom?

Cheers.

Bayo said:
I think I'm getting addict to this as well. The more I read, the more things I want to try and the more things I wan to buy. I really want to start with a planted aquarium, and I would start with the one I currently have, Fluval Edge 6 gal, but the first thing I need to do if I decide to go with a planted aquarium, is changing my substrate from gravel to something better and suitable for plants, right? What do you think? Any words of wisdom?

Cheers.

I went with a 50/50 mix of black sand&eco-complete...works very well in my setup..wash the sand very very well,don't wash the eco-complete&mix well together..

Back
Top Bottom