My Little 56 Gallon Beauty!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frank15

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
...if only I could take a nicer photo of the tank. I need to get a good camera one of these days.

It's a 56-gallon tank with ten harlequin rasboras, ten cherry barbs, ten neon tetras, a honey sunset gourami, a pearl gourami, and a moonlight gourami.

The harlequins were the first to enter the tank, and they've made themselves quite comfortable. Unofficially, they're kind of the boss, not that two of the gourami fear them, really. For whatever reason, they ignore the neons. They're fairly rambunctious around each other and fun to watch, anyway.

The cherries seem to be the fish that like me the most. While the other fish get nervous at various levels when I get close to the tank, the cherries actually come right up to the glass to greet me! It's cute! They also like to play around the decorations a lot, and largely, they're fairly calm. The males have a little dance they do sometimes which is entertaining, still.

The neons are mostly there because Mom really likes them, and everyone wanted me to get something more colorful than the harlequins and cherries. And they do look nice, certainly. They're kinda' boring for my tastes, and don't really do a whole lot, but they are pretty, they are!

The honey sunset gourami might be my favorite fish in the tank. Might just be that I feel bad for him, since he's so painfully shy, and hides a lot. He was almost invisible for the first few days, and he seems afraid of any of his tankmates that aren't neons. I don't think he's noticed how much bigger he is than the harlequins, really. Ironically, of my three gourami, he seems to be the least afraid of me, personally. Go figure. I love the little guy.

The pearl gourami seems to be the "boss" of the gourami. She's a little more tempermental than the other two, but she's not that bad, really. As long as the other fish leave her alone, she's happy. And as long as I'm not approaching the tank: she seems the most afraid of me of all my fish.

The moonlight gourami seems like the most well-adjusted of the gourami trio. He doesn't bother anyone, but doesn't suffer from incredible shyness, either.

And generally, they all seem to have figured out how to get along with each other, for the most part. They're all fun to watch!

In the picture, you can see the moonlight gourami in the lower-middle area of the tank, the pearl gourami near the sponge on the right side of the tank, a few cherries and neons, and a lot of harlequins around the middle open area. The honey didn't want to get in the picture, and he's hiding behind the plants in the lower left corner. Ah well.

Attachments

• aquarium.jpg
    aquarium.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 185
Back
Top Bottom