My little bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah you'd have to almost go to a spawning ground to catch them that size.
Nice bass though!

In florida it is illegal to catch and keep anything under 12" no matter what you are doing with it. You would be breaking the law..

In florida it is illegal to catch and keep anything under 12" no matter what you are doing with it. You would be breaking the law..

Yeah I'm in Canada, we've got restrictions on how many you can catch but I don't believe there's a size restriction. So you could technically go catch a small or large mouth and keep it as a pet. Still, I'd just let 'em go and sport fish the big ones.

Dont know about Canada, but most states have size limits on just about every wild caught fish. Just not a great idea. Most people dont have the means to keep these fish properly. JMO

no worries, we canadian folk can keep these fish no problem in our igloos, we dont need a chiller in the tank....eh

haha yes it definitly has been, yesterday and today especially, but my basement is still cold enough...

UPDATE!!!!

The bass was moved to a pond during mid summer, he started off at about 4 inches, and he's up past 7 inches now...

well, about 3 hours after i posted that, my friend called me and told me that raccoons decimated the pond... so, that whole back pond is empty now...

yea, our next step for the pond is to set it back up, and do a fancy guppy grow operation.

Back
Top Bottom