My little featherfin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leehunter

Aquarium Advice Regular
Here's my featherfin, he's finally gained confidence in the tank and doesn't hide as much as he did.

Whether its day or night he comes out when i come to the tank!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111208_154932.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111208_154932.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 101
  • ForumRunner_20111208_154948.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111208_154948.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 103
  • ForumRunner_20111208_155003.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111208_155003.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 108
  • ForumRunner_20111208_155016.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111208_155016.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ForumRunner_20111208_155031.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111208_155031.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 95
Beautiful! I miss mine! :( Looks like he's going to grow up to be quite the monster!

I've just done a water change and he tends to be a bit of a chameleon and darken up after an hour or so?

When i clean my tank i remove him and my juvenile BN Plec , so not to harm them.

The other fish stay in the tank.

I tease him with a little piece of algae wafer and a reasonably large jug.

He swims straight in and then place him and the BN in the extracted tank water. Mr sucky the Plec does exactly the same, both are more trained than.my dog!!!!! Lol ;-)

Hahaha how long have you had them??? Iv had mine for about 2 months at least and he hides all day! I got him to eat some blood worms from my hand yesterday, but thats about it

About 3 months for both the BN Plec is eating but he/she is very slow in growing small whiskers are coming so presume i t is male but a little unsure still.

But the featherfin is more active and visible the the Plec?

Haha nice! Next month i will see how my fether fin is ;) maybe he will swim up to my hand! Haha

I would just leave your bottom feeders in there. IMO, you are stressing them more by moving them around than if you were to just leave them in and work around them. Usually, I will shoo mine on one side and clean the other, then shoo them back over to the other side and finish cleaning.

Be careful if you are ever handling him. They have some sharp spines at the top of their dorsal fin. I mean, those suckers are razor sharp! Trust me. ;)

I do only occasionally take them out. I do try a coax them to each side whilst cleaning but just afraid if I catch them in my syphon?

I hope he grows into a monster I love him to bits !!!!!!!

I heard they only get around 5-6 inches is that about right or do they get bigger???

They do get 8"+... I had one which I had to rehome to a buddy. He has it in his 150g cichlid tank and it is probably closer to a foot long now. They are huge fish (not just length, girth too).

Very handsome featherfin...... I just love mine. And my husband just got a juvie for his tank. I can't believe how fast they grow!

Oh bugga !!!

He will have to be give to my office aquarium . Thatsa 6ft tank?

Here's a picture after a recent water change, look how much he changes colour. Before you says he's nite stressed?!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111216_200818.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111216_200818.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 60
Wow. That is extremely pale. Even when sleeping mine never got that light.

Leehunter said:
Oh bugga !!!

He will have to be give to my office aquarium . Thatsa 6ft tank?

Here's a picture after a recent water change, look how much he changes colour. Before you says he's nite stressed?!

Thats crazy.. Is it unhealthy for his color to change like that?

Back
Top Bottom