My Lovely Java Ferns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ooooooh pretty i have i guess you could call them baby java fern. and when they grow up i want them to look just like yours! i bought them 2 weeks ago and already got 1-2 lil sprouts.

may i ask how long does it take to get them as full as yours?

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!! Lol I've recently purchased these about 3wks ago. They werent doing too good at the petshop where i purchased them. I had let them float for about two wks in the tank and the 3rd wk, I tied them to Lava Rock & Stones. Only 5-7 hrs of light!. They've grown beautiful.:thanks:

Man your ferns look awesome! I've had mine for about a year and they look like crap. I need to figure out what you're doing and do it!

Actually, No I havent!!! Lol I had let the java fern float in my tanks for 2 wks & tied them to lava rock & stones the third wk. Also my tanks are near my windows so the direct sunlight hits the plants. They have been in sunlight for 10hrs. By the time im out of work the tank light is only for 3 hrs and off to bed I go!!! Lol so no fertilizer jus fish poop!!

LOL THAAANK YOU!!!! My tanks are located near my windows. Ive noticed ppl use alot of lights in their tanks to grow plants, which of course you will need but WHAT ABOUT NATURAL SUNLIGHT. IVE STUDIED THE SUN PATTERN NEAR MY HOUSE!!! I kno what time the sun comes out and when the sun goes down. I open my blinds and let the sunrays hit the tank until i get out of wrk and the timer for my light comes on. The tank light is on prop 2-3 hrs and the timer is off and off to bed I go!!!! No fertilizer at all. Jus natural sun & fish poop. Lol

It works out well because java fern are low light plants. They don't need the intensity or temperature like high or even medium light plants need.

Back
Top Bottom