My new 30g planted and old 90g Oscar tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bert2oo1

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just started up a 30g planted 2 weeks ago, I've been in the fish game for about 2 years now. Started off with a small tank and quickly upgraded from there :)
I've always just tank plastic plants and boring plastic ornaments in my tanks so I decided to challenge myself abit more and take the leap into a planted tank. So far all is going well so I thought I'd start a thread to document how I go along the way.

The planted tank is a medium to high light with diy co2. Hoping that my tank will end up with a carpet effect on the bottom with some mossy rocks and a moss tree. (Still waiting on the rest of my moss)

The other tank is my Oscar tank who I've grown from a baby to the size he is today (with 2 tank upgrades so far due to his size) he also has a few tank mates that include a jack dempsy, a Texas cichlid and a albino sailfin pleco.

So here they are!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Few pictures of the stock of my 90g. Couldn't get the pleco because he likes to hide until the lights are off ;)

Sorry about the small images (if u follow the link it makes them bigger) the image hosting I'm using makes them small for some reason..

Oscars are so much fun. I had one 30 years ago. His favorite food was garden snails.

Oscars are so much fun. I had one 30 years ago. His favorite food was garden snails.

Haha yea he's a massive guts, will eat Anything. Very moody too haha

30g planted, 90g Oscar tank

Haha yea he's a massive guts, will eat Anything. Very moody too haha

When mine was hungry he would float sideways to the top and knock the tank lid off.

Just lucky the light never fell in!

Bit of a progress report for the 30g plants are settling in nicely and the moss is exploding! Angels are still getting along so that's good.
Amazon sword is going like a weed.
Abit of GSA and a little bit of BB but only minimal.

Back
Top Bottom