My New Aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laser

Aquarium Advice Addict
This pic is for jlk since she requested it and she helped me through my cycle. The 3 green plants are live plants. I thought I'd start with those and see how I do since I never had luck with live plants in the past. I can't get a better picture until night time, but I keep forgetting to do it so hopefully I can update this later. Right now there's 9 glowlight rasboras, the fish store called them porkchop rasboras, 2 pearl gouramis, 6 bronze corys, and 2 other corys I'm not sure which one they are yet. I'm looking for another school of fish that won't hurt the rasboras... probably some cardinals or neons I haven't decided yet.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.jpg
    DSCI0002.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 264
  • DSCI0014.jpg
    DSCI0014.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCI0015.jpg
    DSCI0015.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCI0016.jpg
    DSCI0016.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 209
Laser said:
This pic is for jlk since she requested it and she helped me through my cycle. The 3 green plants are live plants. I thought I'd start with those and see how I do since I never had luck with live plants in the past. I can't get a better picture until night time, but I keep forgetting to do it so hopefully I can update this later. Right now there's 9 glowlight rasboras, the fish store called them porkchop rasboras, 2 pearl gouramis, 6 bronze corys, and 2 other corys I'm not sure which one they are yet. I'm looking for another school of fish that won't hurt the rasboras... probably some cardinals or neons I haven't decided yet.

Looks like you have anubias there,make sure not to bury the ryzhome in the substrate it will rot and die..if the plants have roots only put those in the subsrate..nice setup

Yeah I read about that. I have the ryzhome above the substrate and the roots are covered, does it look ok? It might be kind of hard to tell from these pictures.

Really nice, this is how an aquarium would look at tron's world

I got both the live and plastic plants from petsmart. I didn't want to do a heavily planted tank because I have sort of a black thumb. I love planted tanks though.

Make it more natural do you want to spend the rest of your life in a lasser light show?

Naso2 said:
Make it more natural do you want to spend the rest of your life in a lasser light show?

The colors in an aquarium are entirely the owner's taste. The op likes those colors, so it's fine.
To the op, the tank looks great! I love the colors!

His Screen name is Laser

So it fits....nice tank

You going to get Blue LED for it?

I was just getting back into the hobby and I wanted my girlfriend to feel like she was part of it so I let her pick out the substrate and she wanted colorful plastic plants. She also wanted angelfish but I knew they wouldn't work in here with the small fish schools I wanted so I set up another tank so she could some angels. Now, I'm looking at a 3rd tank because I wanted a planted tank that looks natural, but now that I wake up everyday and see this tank I actually like the colors she picked out.

His Screen name is Laser

So it fits....nice tank

You going to get Blue LED for it?

Thanks! It actually does have a blue LED setting. It was part of the Marineland combo. I don't like the way the hood itself hooks on, but it covers the tank well and the lighting is nice.

I was just getting back into the hobby and I wanted my girlfriend to feel like she was part of it so I let her pick out the substrate and she wanted colorful plastic plants. She also wanted angelfish but I knew they wouldn't work in here with the small fish schools I wanted so I set up another tank so she could some angels. Now, I'm looking at a 3rd tank because I wanted a planted tank that looks natural, but now that I wake up everyday and see this tank I actually like the colors she picked out.

Thanks! It actually does have a blue LED setting. It was part of the Marineland combo. I don't like the way the hood itself hooks on, but it covers the tank well and the lighting is nice.

Thats great you got her involved!!! Its funny how one tank becomes two which becomes three...... Quite addicting!!!! :)

This is a very pretty tank! :) It would be so pretty with all the little schools of fish swimming around in there! Good Job and good for you for making gf part of it! :)

Back
Top Bottom