My new planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it looks niiccee! how many gallons is it? is it a betta tank or shrimp? or what kind of fish do you have?

Well I just set it up, so I don't have any fish yet. It is a 17.5 gallon and I have 36 watts of lighting. Eco complete substrate. I am running CO2 and using water additives for the plants (potassium, iron, ext...)

The life I plan on adding is as follows

5-8 : Cherry shrimp
2. : Otto cats
10. : white clouds (small schooling fish)

That's about it. I'm focuses mainly on the plants for this one. They have been growing like weeds... You can see the difference between pic 2 and 3. They grew that much in only 4 days.

Ok so I finally got some fish...

8 - Galaxy rasborras

image-3101101649.jpg

5 - cherry shrimp

image-1452575094.jpg

2 - Otto cats

image-2849907796.jpg

Also, the plants are growing in nicely

image-2347191173.jpg

Looks great. Love your stocking list. All my favorites. Galaxies are so cool. They will pick off some baby shrimps but cherries are so prolific you won't notice. The layout is awesome too. Keep posting some updated pics.

Thanks everyone... I decided to go with the galaxy rasborras instead of the white clouds... The pet shop had the galaxies when I went to get the clouds, and the were so pretty, so I changed my initial plan...

Hey anyone have trouble getting these guys to eat? They won't take the food... I know it takes a while to get fish acclimated, however it's been 24 hours, and they seem quite happy. As to contrary belief, these guys are moving around the tank nicely. So I feel they are acclimated. I'm feeding them hikari micro pellets, and have never had fish turn this tasty treat down before...

My glowlights wouldn't eat for a few days when I got them. I crushed some flakes and they finally took that. Try some bloodworms maybe? Seems fish can't resist bloodworms.

I don't know how they will fit bloodworms in their mouths... There so tiny right now. What's another frozen food that's really tiny?

My tiniest harlequin rasboras are only about 1/2 inch long, including tail. They will snag a bloodworm and play keep away from the other fish in the tank, cruising along with the bloodworm hanging out of their mouths until they get it all eaten.

My CPDs eat frozen Baby Brine Shrimp, crushed Omega One color flakes and slightly crushed Hikari Micro Pellets.

My Shrimp eat what hits the floor plus Omega One Algae Wafers ( small piece). With live plants to groom you do not need to feed Shrimp every single day.

How warm is the tank, I don't heat my Shrimp/CPDs. I keep them about 67-72. They can handle some heat, but don't go too high IMHO. I have Otos in there as well. YMMV

Back
Top Bottom