My new RAMIREZI!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just Tips..

What should I feed him to get brilliant awesome colors?

1) have some dither fish
2) feed whatever it'll eat.
3) keep nitrates below 20. Preferablly at 10.
4) make sure no one is picking on her.
5) that's a she so maybe get another female?
6) get temp to as close to 82 as possible

Okay, sorry posting 2 pics of just 1 fish makes it hard to identify what advice you're asking. Tetra Flakes color enhanced actually works pretty well.

She's gorgeous the way she is though! Just nurture her & she'll stay healthy & pretty. :) I've had the color enhancing flakes work for me before for similar fish, but I just don't do it anymore because I'm trying to keep what they eat & their conditions as close to natural as possible. My 2¢ Healthy/Happy fish are more rewarding to look at than unnaturally colored unhappy fish. If you want more color in the aquarium consider getting some Mollies/Platies or Neons. Those guys all seem to get along with every freshwater fish. *I'm not an expert*

She's gorgeous the way she is though! Just nurture her & she'll stay healthy & pretty. :) I've had the color enhancing flakes work for me before for similar fish, but I just don't do it anymore because I'm trying to keep what they eat & their conditions as close to natural as possible. My 2¢ Healthy/Happy fish are more rewarding to look at than unnaturally colored unhappy fish. If you want more color in the aquarium consider getting some Mollies/Platies or Neons. Those guys all seem to get along with every freshwater fish. *I'm not an expert*

Touche, those enhancing flakes do some damage to a small tank especially.

I have a 20gal w/ 4 harlequin rasboras , 1pair of platys, 1rainbow shark and 2 bala sharks..(I know the bala's need for space.)

I think that's the problem, the sharks. There just bad tank mates for rams in small tanks, skittish Bala,s and territorial Rainbows together they overstock your tank. It's going to be hard to get the Ram to settle in and even harder keeping the water in top shape. It would be better to do a pair of Rams and 2 more Rasboras.

Last edited:
I think that's the problem, the sharks. There just bad tank mates for rams in small tanks, skittish Bala,s and territorial Rainbows together they overstock your tank. It's going to be hard to get the Ram to settle in and even harder keeping the water in top shape. It would be better to do a pair of Rams and 2 more Rasboras.

I agree. Rehome the rainbow and balas.

I'd go with-
6 rasboras
2 rams
5 cories.

I know :/ my stepfather brought me the 2 bala's I don't bought them.. But Thanks anyways !

Actually she is looking better today and she is pretty much swimming behind the bala's .

^this is some good advice. I also have platties, neons, and rainbow shark with my two rams and they are doing famously. Another suggestion is plants, real plants. If that's not an option then provide PLENTY of hiding places for both the ram and the rainbow because the rainbow will NEED some territory to call its own.

Back
Top Bottom