My new tank so far.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mumma.of.two

Aquarium Advice Obsessed
Just wanted to share my progress on my new 270L/70g tank. Pics aren't the best because they are from my iPhone.

I'm planning on having head and tail light teltras, red tail shark, dwarf grouramis, brisslenose catfish and I'm thinking of putting my glass catfish in there when it cycled.

Your tank look amazing. Your 70gal does not look too full, but at the same time fills it up enough. There are plenty of swimming room for your fishies too. I'm looking to do a similar arrangement for my tank after my fish finish quarantining in it.

Thanks everyone :) I've added some more plants. Java fern, hornwort and thin vale. My tank seems to be VERY cloudy. I'm not too sure why. Just ordered myself a canister filter in the hope it might help.

You didnt had any filter on the tank? Anyways good looking tank you got right there, best of lucks taking care of the plants, im scare of them lol had bad speriences with them, learn as much as you can about caring plants ,is not that simple and look out for algeas in the future,is going to become a fearsome enemy lol

Discus4Life said:
You didnt had any filter on the tank? Anyways good looking tank you got right there, best of lucks taking care of the plants, im scare of them lol had bad speriences with them, learn as much as you can about caring plants ,is not that simple and look out for algeas in the future,is going to become a fearsome enemy lol

I do have a filter but it is very old and second hand. So I though it was about time to get a new one.

I'm thinking I should give an update. Not long after I started this thread I redid my entire tank. this is what it looked like just after.
image-4046939379.jpg
This is a few weeks ago.
image-2443739734.jpg
And this is as it stands today. It's just had a huge trim of everything so it's looking really sparse.
image-1431257474.jpg
I now have: 1 red tail shark, 1 small angel fish, 2 dwarf gouramis (blue coral & red flame), 5 male guppies, 5 peppered cories, 2 bristlenose catfish, 1 albino bn catfish, 1 female betta and 2 mistery snails.
I have a potting soil then gravel then sand substrate and haven't had to use ferts yet. Everythings growing great and I'm quite proud if myself because its my first real planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom