My new "teeny tiny" 10gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cinnamaldehyde

Aquarium Advice Regular
So here's the process of me setting up my 10gal.

It's going to have some very small inhabitants (I'm actually worried 10gal might be too big. :neutral:) It's going to be Endler's livebearers, and shrimp (one variety of the Neocardinia spp.)

Step One: sand in tank (it's a mix of white and black sand)

10gal_step_one by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

Step Two: extract cat from tank, remove sand, wash sand again, wash tank AGAIN, put sand back in tank

10gal_step_two by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

Step Three: make sure cat has found a new "fort" to play in

10gal_step_three by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

Step Four: add black background. I used this background glue by Marina, and it worked GREAT!

10gal_step_four by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

Step Five: put plants in, put rocks in, hate it

10gal_step_five by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

Step 5a through 5z: move, rearrange, hate it, move, rearrange, hate it, move... etc.

Step Six: find an arrangement I am happy with

10gal_step_six by k-cinnamaldehyde, on Flickr

I think it needs another plant behind the Anubias (something reddish or purpleish), and I think I'm going to separate the swords on the RHS a bit more.

Feel free to comment and add suggestions! I can't wait to add my little fish!

Thanks!

Yeah I really like those swords too. I know that they may get too big for the tank, but until I get another plant or two established, I'm going to leave them for the time being.

Any suggestions for a red or purplish plant, around 5-6" that would do well in a low-medium light (1.7WPG)?

thw swords look awesome the way they are, I would add some thing with a finer leaf structure in the middle back like bacopa or rotalla

Hey! I like it! Nice swords. Looks like you got the same starter kit I did. :] Mine is also a ten gallon.

I'd have been really nervous about the cat doing his business in there...as a cat owner, I know how much they loooooove a fresh, clean litter box.

Lol on the cat humor. Anyway, great tank and nice swords. One of my favorite plants.

Back
Top Bottom