my newly cycled tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spencelee10

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just finished cycling this tank and added 3 glowlight tetras to get it going (am adding more this weekend). Tell me what u think of the rock work

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110303_160745.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110303_160745.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 262
  • ForumRunner_20110303_160830.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110303_160830.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 257
Yes some smaller live plant to help with nitrates then larger fake plants for color

put a background on, makes any too look better. i just use construction paper

Rock work looks good! Agree with Joey. Also, the open blinds I see reflected in the glass could spell trouble for algae problems as the tank matures... do you keep 'em closed during the day?

Yeah I make sure to keep them closed during the day. What are some good low light smaller plants to help with the nitrate levels

If you are looking for a nitrate sponge, hornwort works really well. It'll grow with low light. Java moss grows too slow to make a big difference in nitrates.

Good start. I would suggest relocating the heater so it's not sticking out in the middle of the tank. I would also add a backdrop to hide those wires. It's a really cheap addition that will enhance your tank a lot. I just recently added one to my tank.

dayq.jpg

day2t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom