my overstocked cichlid tank...!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazymanonline

Aquarium Advice Newbie
it's 55 gallon tank ! glad that they are still very small...:D
1- tiger oscar
1- electric yellow
1- electric blue
1- zebra
1- blood parrot
1- demasoni <-- this guy doesnt grow at all....like to play with his food:confused:

1- pleco

DSCF1535.jpg
DSCF1563.jpg
DSCF1587.jpg
DSCF1603.jpg
DSCF1605.jpg
DSCF1545.jpg

Nice looking fish but the parrotfish and the tiger oscar are south american cichlids and the rest are african cichlids. It is not recommended to mix the two because they require different water parameters. I'm not saying it can't be done because My first cichlid tank I raised a parrotfish and a jack dempsey with my africans and had no problems, but just be careful.

The yellow one is gorgeous! I love it.

When I got my tank I made the mistake of putting Convicts in with my other fish, well they of course ate everything, ripped holes in them, was horrible, then the biggest one did it to the others as well, I kept it for about 2 weeks and was fascinated by it, I think they're great fish, I had to get rid of it though so I could get peaceful fish, I would love to have a convict tank though

yeah.. that 55 gallon will be a good home for just the tiger oscar xD.. they want 55 gallons per fish.. which is still small! my 125 gallon wasnt enough room apparently for 2 rather large ones...

Back
Top Bottom