My Planted Fluval edge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrRick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So here she is. Everything is stock (lighting, filter, etc.) And been up and running close to a year now.

Inhabitants include 4 dwarf cory cats, 1 betta, a couple zebra snails and 1 otto cat. Plants are a few variety of anubias. An amazon sword. And a little subtula (sp?) Grass.

I run seachem purigen in my filter and dose regularly with various nutrients, fertalizer, etc.

Any one else here have any experience with these tanks?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110604_212623.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_212623.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 339
  • ForumRunner_20110604_212642.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_212642.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 324
  • ForumRunner_20110604_212703.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110604_212703.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 324
That Moss Ball in the back left is huge! love the tank it looks amazing! I was gonna buy this tank but I couldn't justify $130 for a tank. Looks gorgeous though great job

GoneFishing said:
That Moss Ball in the back left is huge!

Its about 7 1/2inch diameter. Its a monster. I hear you about the price, however i had a 1/2off coupon and, well, the rest is obvious.. thanks guys

Beautiful. I've been tossing around the idea of picking one up...I think you just made my mind up for me :). Are there a lot of hidden costs with them? Do they require a special net, heater, etc...? How the heck do you clean the substrate if they're not as heavily planted as yours?

eco23 said:
Beautiful. I've been tossing around the idea of picking one up...I think you just made my mind up for me :). Are there a lot of hidden costs with them? Do they require a special net, heater, etc...? How the heck do you clean the substrate if they're not as heavily planted as yours?

They are tricky to work with, you should see me during trimming time, very humerous. They sell an angled net which is worth its weight in gold. As far as the heater, they make one specifically for this tank, but i didnt care for it and went with the small flat ones for like a betta bowl and slid it in my filter behind the media, works very well for me.

As far as cleaning the substrate, good question. Lol. I dont worry about it much in mine, the crew i put together keeps it pretty clean, the plants suck up the rest. My syphon gets a good amount during water changes. So far it hasnt been an issue.

The trick with this tank was getting the right plants. Anubias are low light, very hardy, and dont grow too fast. 90% of my tank is various size anubias. The sword grows out of control, quickly. I stuck it right in the center, under the top opening for easy access to it for maintenance purposes.

All and all ive been very happy with my choice of buying this tank. Maintenance can be a bit of a challenge but the end results outweigh that for me personally. Careful planning when setting up this tank will go a LONG way. Thanks for the feedback everyone!

Back
Top Bottom