My rescued JD rehoused in a 77g!! Sex id?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mahoney709

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Rescued him 2 years ago from a 40g tank with no heater, he had a bad case of ick, both eyes were completely clouded and gill fungus with fin rott to top it all off. He was being flushed if I didnt take him. He was between 4-6" when i got em and I had no other choice but to house him in a 10g for 4 months, it was all I had, I later bought a brand new 45g bow for a great price and yesterday made a trade for a 77g, which will be jacks final home!

Cany anybody sex em? Lol i thinkk its a male.

Attachments

• image-867829766.jpg
    image-867829766.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image-1456677537.jpg
    image-1456677537.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 106
  • image-2832459316.jpg
    image-2832459316.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 102
It looks great, I'm sure he loves it. =) I would say male too due to the speckling on his face. From what I've read, females have a more blotched look, like some of the speckles are combined in the face area.

Rescued him 2 years ago from a 40g tank with no heater, he had a bad case of ick, both eyes were completely clouded and gill fungus with fin rott to top it all off. He was being flushed if I didnt take him. He was between 4-6" when i got em and I had no other choice but to house him in a 10g for 4 months, it was all I had, I later bought a brand new 45g bow for a great price and yesterday made a trade for a 77g, which will be jacks final home!

Cany anybody sex em? Lol i thinkk its a male.

That is a beautiful fish I don't get how someone could neglect something like that.

Definitely male. Looks great now and is probably loving all that space!

If you use a darker substrate his base color will be darker and his coloring will look even more vibrant :)

Back
Top Bottom