My 'Second' Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks great without the rim (y)

Did you have to de-rim the bottom too?

Thanks!
No, I'll paint or stain the bottom rim when I paint the stand. While I think it would be fine, and would be easy to add a brace to the bottom if needed, the bottom rim is covered by the stand anyway so it can't hurt to leave it on imo.

tank looks good, sorry i thought it was the sump, I was on my phone at the time and the picture was really small.

Tiny update: Cleaned up the top of the tank,and used a carborundum stone to dull the edges in places. I used razor blades to remove the silicone as suggested by someone, but even better was an exacto knife set. ;)

Also found some rocks I'm going to use for the aquascaping. About 20+ of varying sizes. Pics later, but they are great rocks.

img_1403972_0_caea1946de2cf6cea5d11bce415760d2.jpg

roundar said:
Tiny update: Cleaned up the top of the tank,and used a carborundum stone to dull the edges in places. I used razor blades to remove the silicone as suggested by someone, but even better was an exacto knife set. ;)

Also found some rocks I'm going to use for the aquascaping. About 20+ of varying sizes. Pics later, but they are great rocks.

O wow! Ur tank looks nice! Love rimless! Looks so clean! :) good work!

who needs a bathroom? haha jk

Me....LOL! But really, I have 4 tanks in the whole house, only the basement (not finished) and the bathroom don't have any. MTS is a very serious ilness. :D

img_1405607_0_caea1946de2cf6cea5d11bce415760d2.jpg

I am so jealous that you are having a big tank. JK! :) But really, I can't have big ones coz I am only renting an apartment and when or if I move again, moving a huge tank will be a problem for me. So I am jealous...not in a bad way! :brows::whistle:

Got the CO2 Tank today: 115$ for the 10lb Tank, Regulator, and 2 glass spiral diffusers.

img_1407840_0_71d52b61a3742803895bd8b2b489b7a7.jpg
img_1407840_1_b248eec39900fdc451662b2bf2324c1d.jpg

A lady nearby had the regulator on ebay and I got that just from normal bidding, but the description said "200g tank and blahblahblah and CO2 tank pickup-only" So I picked up.

Found a filter: Filstar Xp2 Canister Filter for $110 shipped. The Xp2 isn't the most filtration but it's enough to do a 75 and this tank will have a low bioload anyway. I'll look at current issues if they arise.

I have two of these:
-47692607521583020.jpg

They were covered(inside and out) with algae. I soaked them in a bleach:water solution for 24h, followed by a couple days in water with enough Prime to treat 100g+ tank.

The light came in a couple days ago:
$(KGrHqV,!jcE1J,Uht,3BNhY2-SLOw~~_3.JPG

A new devlopment suggest that I'll be putting the tank in the wall. there will be a small empty room behind it.................................................fishroom?

Awesome. I can't believe I missed this thread until now. That's a nice tank, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :D

Awesome. I can't believe I missed this thread until now. That's a nice tank, looking forward to seeing what you do with it. :D

Welcome aboard severum mama! idk why the "Members Freshwater Tanks Showcase" is the least viewed forum in FW....

SO, I odered the Filtstar Xp2 Filter like 2 days ago and it just came in the mail about 10m ago... Cool.... Now I have everything but a heater, substrate, and my stock... Now I have to wait to move the furniture, to build the wall, to put the tank in the wall.

Ok, so a lot has happened since last update...

After all that derimming, we decided to put the tank in the wall. I framed the wall up and was sliding the tank into the framed wall to see what it was going to look like. I moved it about 1" and heard "pop" the back cracked.... I was so disappointed. I got a new tank a couple days ago though and am emptying it now after leaving it filled up outside(to test.) I'm going to try to patch the old one. I'll keep you updated on how the patch is going. (Don't worry, I'll keep it outside for a long time after I patch it and fill it to make sure it's going to hold.)

Here's some pictures of where I'm at so far. We still need to paint and put up the trim of course:

The framed up wall:

img_1431388_0_ea9c403096b8f2952eeca6b1b6c03be9.jpg

The crack, and the cat looking at it:

img_1431388_1_42f6055794863443df515c89988266d0.jpg

The mudded wall (it's textured obviously...):

img_1431388_2_fae58a0aa8efb012e77e8c1b9f26c47b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom