My tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lewis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My tank is a small tank. Its a childrens sort of thing, but thats all I need. I'm not too sereous yet, though hopefuly my tank will get so jammed up that I will get a bigger one :)

Fish
Nuts - Bought 24th Jan 2010. Yellow Goldfish.
Bolts - Bought 34th Jan 2010. Yellow Goldfish.

Fish soon to come (Please comment if some fish cant mix)
Bubble Eye Goldfish
Panada Moor Goldfish

Tank Features

Decorations - See in decoration section of this thread
Cover/Lid - Prevents some dirt going in

Features soon to come
Lighting System
Filter

My Decorations&Addons
I have a few 'characters' from the childrens TV Programme called Spongebob Squarepants. I have Plankton, Mr. Crabs, and Spongebob wich blows bubbles but I will need to buy a filter first. I also have 2 plastic plants, a Background (Related to spongebob), and of corse I have multi-coloured gravel.

Tank Care
Cleaning - I clean my tank 2 - 4 times a week
Chemicals - I use a chemical wich prevents animals from sickness, and it kills all of the clorine. I use whenever I clean
Water Tempurature - I like to keep my fish in cool water, but I never put my fish in freezing water

Pictures
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=67mrlu&s=6

PLEASE REPLY WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS AND HELP!

How many gallons is your tank? Also, one goldfish needs 20 gallons, with each additional goldfish needing 10 more gallons. Also, in your sig, it says your fish might be sick. What symptoms are they showing and what chemical are you using to prevent them from sickness? Thanks. Can't wait for the pics. :)

Hi aquarium.
I will post a link. I dont know how manny gallons/liters its quite small. I will post a pic later.

-----------EDITS------------
I posted you a link with symptoms.
My tank is probaly small by just saying 'its plastic'

Way too many fish for that tank. If it's the tank that I remember, it's like 2.5 - 5G and not fit for much of anything. Definitely not goldfish.

Well, in the shops the tanks held nothing more than a bowl of water....
I will get dimentions and pictures

I'd recommend a 55g tank... You should be able to get one for less than $100 with everything you need if the prices there are like they are here (on craigslist).

Or maybe you could expand to some othe community fish, with a 30 or bigger it give many more options fish wise

Fish soon to come (Please comment if some fish cant mix)
Bubble Eye Goldfish
Panada Moor Goldfish

That would be 4 goldfish in a 5 gallon tank. They won't last very long at all.

And your existing fish won't last very long either without a filter.

and of corse I have multi-coloured gravel.

Not sure why the multi coloured gravel is of course! But whatever you prefer :D

Cleaning - I clean my tank 2 - 4 times a week

What does that consist of, exactly?

Chemicals - I use a chemical wich prevents animals from sickness, and it kills all of the clorine. I use whenever I clean
Water Tempurature - I like to keep my fish in cool water, but I never put my fish in freezing water
!

That's just a water conditioner then. Good stuff. And very wise not to give them water straight from the cold tap, that can easily shock them, especially with the winter we're having just now!

Back
Top Bottom