My Tank Room (aka Watery Man Cave)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just tried what you suggested. My wife just rolled her eyes and giggled!

That's because you're doing it wrong... you can't just stop at the, "because it's my birthday" stuff ! :p Did you tell her that she is a decorating God and everyone on here thinks you're the luckiest guy in the world to have such a great wife?!

(If you didn't add that, I'm afraid you're failing miserably! Heh. Small text ftw!)

BTW, nice way of sneaking in the hint!!! :):):)

Thanks! Just trying to help. :D

:biglol:

Just remember that wives look out for other wives... it's what we do. Also, don't go too overboard w/ the ego boosts, she might just turn your "Watery Man Cave" into a room of her own.

Well, probably not. But man, I could definitely see that room as a great Pilates or Yoga Studio! (y)

Ok, I'll stop now. :p

Yea well I have been trying to get my wife to let me get a bigger tank. I am using the we can use the 20 gal for a community betta tank (she loves bettas). But she keeps using "The apartments to small" or "We have to get stuff for the baby that's on the way." The baby ain't due til August lol.

Yea well I have been trying to get my wife to let me get a bigger tank. I am using the we can use the 20 gal for a community betta tank (she loves bettas). But she keeps using "The apartments to small" or "We have to get stuff for the baby that's on the way." The baby ain't due til August lol.

First off, congrats on the baby! (y)

I think you're going about this all wrong. Men. :rolleyes: Use the baby as an excuse to buy a house or rent a larger apartment. Then, when you move in, your new place will look so empty that she will gladly accept your plea for a larger tank.

Btw, I'm not drunk posting... just tired. ;)

:biglol:

Just remember that wives look out for other wives... it's what we do. Also, don't go too overboard w/ the ego boosts, she might just turn your "Watery Man Cave" into a room of her own.

Well, probably not. But man, I could definitely see that room as a great Pilates or Yoga Studio! (y)

Ok, I'll stop now. :p

Come on!! Pilates?! Yoga?! A guy's gotta have somewhere he can relax and call his owm :):):);)!!!

I'm sorry, but I don't think you really have an argument that'll top a baby. The one thing I might think you can try is this: "Who knows honey? Our child could win a Nobel prize for biology simply because we bought a tank before he/she was born!"

McLumpy said:
First off, congrats on the baby! (y)

I think you're going about this all wrong. Men. :rolleyes: Use the baby as an excuse to buy a house or rent a larger apartment. Then, when you move in, your new place will look so empty that she will gladly accept your plea for a larger tank.

Btw, I'm not drunk posting... just tired. ;)

Well thanks we are both very excited for the baby.

And the baby is due at the end of August and our lease is up the 1st of November so I'm hoping to have a house by then. I have tried to use the baby as a way to get the tank but that really hasn't worked out yet lol. But my wife knows how I have always dreamt of having a big tank and my love for fish. She is actually the one who found the tank I have now and got it and the fish in it for me for Christmas this year so some day (if we can afford it) I hope to have the tank of my dreams with all sorts of fish in it. Someday

OhNeil1969 said:
I'm sorry, but I don't think you really have an argument that'll top a baby. The one thing I might think you can try is this: "Who knows honey? Our child could win a Nobel prize for biology simply because we bought a tank before he/she was born!"

Well I know that and I have tried to use the baby as a way to get a new tank too mostly joking of course cause I do know that the baby comes first then a new tank lol

Cdepriest6009 said:
Well thanks we are both very excited for the baby.

And the baby is due at the end of August and our lease is up the 1st of November so I'm hoping to have a house by then. I have tried to use the baby as a way to get the tank but that really hasn't worked out yet lol. But my wife knows how I have always dreamt of having a big tank and my love for fish. She is actually the one who found the tank I have now and got it and the fish in it for me for Christmas this year so some day (if we can afford it) I hope to have the tank of my dreams with all sorts of fish in it. Someday

Well it seems she's cares about your love for fish and I'm sure she will allow it and even help you when you have a bigger place but for now maybe you could try saying " wouldn't it be so relaxing to watch such a huge tank of beautiful fish?" ha

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

Hmmm, I guess our whole house is my "woman cave" then. *Laughs* 7 tanks in our basement, 7 tanks spread out in different rooms upstairs.

Back
Top Bottom