My Tirger barbs are growing fast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

_Nick_

Aquarium Advice Activist
My tiger barbs are growing fast I know the key now on how they getting bigger just got em a month ago they were very tiny now they are bout 2 half inches my other two are 3 inches & the key is feeding them alot I feed them 3 times a day flake food and blood worms at the same Time

image-1536239642.jpg

Attachments

• image-3103056975.jpg
    image-3103056975.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 169
  • image-2973435172.jpg
    image-2973435172.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 172
Nice setup. Its nice to know they grow that much in a short period! How fast are they suppose to grow?

Overfeeding a fish in the long-term will shorten their lifespan. Its like people who eat too much and become overweight ;)

Ummm idk I just herd that they grow really slow & yea imma slow down on feeding them they just looks so hungry they always swim to the top of the glass every time I pass by it's like they are saying feed me lol

My Platys do the same thing. They always look hungry. Id feed them once a day. Trust me they'll be ok they wont starve. Thats what I keep telling myself anyway about mine lol. We use to feed ours twice a day and I think we had issues with ammonia and things. So we switched to once. And once a week we buy them brine shrimp. But we dont feed them the shrimp and flakes at the same time.

Tiger barbs are ALWAYS hungry!
speaking from experience, they eat alot and poop alot !!!

I had 12 (adult size) in a 40 gallon tank. (Species-only tank. No other fish)
They completely filled the space with their activity and constant movement.
They made the 40 gallon look small.

Back
Top Bottom