My update on 10g and 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
It's been a while since I've been on the forums, but I miss you guys and I wanted to show an update to get some feedback on my tanks!

Criticism and advice is welcomed!

10g fish:

Bart- Betta
3 Cory cats (2 peppered 1 jullii) I know... I need more to keep them happier
Ghost shrimp (#?)
2 nerite snails 1 horned nerite
(bidding on Kerri tetras from SM and HN1 to put in as well)
Plants:
Glossostigma (troubled)
Brazilian microsword (taking off)
Dwarf 4 leaf clover
Alternanthera reineckii? I dunno
Some type of rotala
Ludwigia
Red ludwigia
Hygrophila kompakt
And some huge crypt

29g fish-
Flame (little brothers Betta- got sick in his little tank so I took him in)
6 gertrudae rainbow (more on way hopefully)
1 pair of endlers
2 SAEs
3 otos
RCS (used to have 15... Think they're getting eaten :/ some are berried)
5 amano shrimp
4 nerite snails
2 apistogramma agasizzi (both male... Dominant one is a meany)

Plants:
Dwarf hairgrass
Dwarf baby tears
Crypt parva
Aponogeton ulvaceus
Water sprite (nuisance)
Red rotala stuff
Ludwigia
Crypt wendtii? (foreground)
Lloydelia (sp)?
Brazilian Pennywort
Red ludwigia

Others I can't remember.

Thanks for looking!

Hope you enjoy!!

-Corb

Attachments

• image-2078752206.jpg
    image-2078752206.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 189
  • image-3743445785.jpg
    image-3743445785.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 196
  • image-1137773283.jpg
    image-1137773283.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 197
  • image-1613922229.jpg
    image-1613922229.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 195
  • image-1631277277.jpg
    image-1631277277.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 199
  • image-433985558.jpg
    image-433985558.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 195
  • image-663761971.jpg
    image-663761971.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image-764081165.jpg
    image-764081165.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image-3698990827.jpg
    image-3698990827.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 185
  • image-4091515233.jpg
    image-4091515233.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 191
  • image-3184297689.jpg
    image-3184297689.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 188
  • image-463563659.jpg
    image-463563659.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 178
I've never been a fan of heavily planted tanks, partially because all the ones I've seen have cloudy tinted water. Yours looks very clear. Any full tank shots? I'd be interested in seeing those.

Wow finally someone says something! I was starting to think my tanks are ugly. :) haha

There's a couple of almost full tank shots in there. I have a lot of algae control. I love them. I love my planted tank. :) the second picture is almost full tank.

I do a weekly water change too to keep things clear. Aqua clear filters are great too. I dont use carbon filtration either. Just biological. There's a balance of nutrients and light you need to keep too so the water doesn't get cloudy. Too much excess nutrients and light gives you lots of excess algae!

Haha thanks! The plants are great. I love them. Seeing new growth gets me all excited. I need to start giving away my trimmings because I have a lot. I just wouldn't know how to ship them

Wow first out all nice tank! I love Ur 29g especially the plants are doin really well! So much more vibrant in terms of color compare to my 10g planted! Haha but how often do u trim Ur plants? Haha Ur 10g looks like it needs abit of trimming IMO unless u purposely let it grew to kill the current for Ur Betta!

How are Ur endlers and Betta doin? I always though its a bad combo due endlers colours.

All in all great looking tank! :) love Ur ottos! One of my favorite fish!

My Betta is a nice guy he gets along with everyone, except once in a while the apisto makes him angry haha. I will say I find it odd that my endlers haven't had any fry yet. They may be too young, because the female isn't showing at all really. :) I do need to trim my 10g! Badly. I trim it way more than my 29g, but it still grows soo much. I was starting to get glosso to spread but my other plants seem to be blocking the light too much now. :/ I always have so much rotala cuttings from my 10g left over.

And yes! The ottos are hilarious! They're so dang busy. All day!

Corbo said:
My Betta is a nice guy he gets along with everyone, except once in a while the apisto makes him angry haha. I will say I find it odd that my endlers haven't had any fry yet. They may be too young, because the female isn't showing at all really. :) I do need to trim my 10g! Badly. I trim it way more than my 29g, but it still grows soo much. I was starting to get glosso to spread but my other plants seem to be blocking the light too much now. :/ I always have so much rotala cuttings from my 10g left over.

Hahaha yes my 10g is growing so fast! So I reduced my light on period to 8hours! :) though I still need to trim my ambulia ever so often! I used to have rotala! But I didn't like it, too stocky if u get my meaning! :)!

I dont have endlers due my Betta even though my Betta is quite friendly! I wasn't gonna risk a battle. I hate seeing any fish suffer! :) haha

What kinda fertilizers do u use?

Right now I only use seachem flourish, but I ordered some excel and iron too. I also use DIY CO2, but I'm about to switch to a paintball CO2. Rotala does spread very quick in a tank, if that's what you mean by stocky haha. :) bettas are actually quite peaceful and get along well with most fish. My Betta in my 10g can be kinda mean sometimes, he's pretty big too.

Yeah, I haven't been on in forever. :) thank you for the compliment! The only thing i would change is-- the sword in the right front. It's an argentine sword... It gets huge and isn't mean to be foreground haha. :/ oh well. I'm trying to tame it. I ripped up a runner the other day that I should've taken up a long time ago and it shifted like my entire substrate!

Beautiful pair of tanks, love the red tones. Do you have DIY CO2 on the 29 gal as well? 1 or 2 bottles?

2 bottles on the 29 gallon. Soon to be replaced with a paintball canister set up!
The reds may be thanks to fluorite. Good amount of iron in that and quite a bit of light keeps the reds looking nice! Thanks for the compliment!

I had a DIY in my 15 gal which is lightly planted since I have a goldie in there, but I might set it up in the new 29 gal I started a month ago and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom