my work in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
This is my 29 gallon that I have had to completely re do. My heater went on the fritz about a month ago killed everything in the tank including my plants when the temp shot up to over 90 degrees. So I unhooked it and haven't been using one as of late. I feel my temp is a little frigid but everything seems to be doing fine at about 64 degrees. Will probably add a heater soon. Stock isnt much right now just:
12 neon tetras
3 nerite snails
Thinking of adding a few more tetras and a couple dwarf crayfish.
But here is the pic.

ForumRunner_20130604_105652.jpg

looking good. i would add a few show piece fish into it as well. one or two anglefish or a pair of dwarf rams.

I havent had much luck with rams. I love them but have had 3 sets of GBRs and all have passed after a few months. Are there any hardier ones out there. I think angels would get too big for the tank.

I havent had much luck with rams. I love them but have had 3 sets of GBRs and all have passed after a few months. Are there any hardier ones out there. I think angels would get too big for the tank.

bolivian rams are the hardier ones from the dwarf ram category although they don't have the colors that the GBRs have.

My lfs has powder blue rams which are beautiful and supposedly captive bred maybe ill look into those.

My lfs has powder blue rams which are beautiful and supposedly captive bred maybe ill look into those.

powder blue rams are also known as electric blue rams, i think. they're even more sensitive than the regular GBR and they're more expensive. I would also suggest some dwarf gouramis. the flame red is a good choice because the color pops.

I like dwarf gouramis too never tried them out. But I feel with the dwarf cray they may have issues with the gouramis hanging at the bottom.

Yeah mexican dwarf orange is what I meant I love those littlw guys they have such personality. How about apistos but looks like a couple gouramis might be my best bet are they pretty hardy?

Definitely think im going with a pair of dwarf gourami. Been reading on them since you mentioned them and think they will be the best fit for this tank. How many more neons could I add with a pair of these and the 2 dwarf orange cray

Yeah mexican dwarf orange is what I meant I love those littlw guys they have such personality. How about apistos but looks like a couple gouramis might be my best bet are they pretty hardy?

apistos include the rams that we've been talking about. gourami does sound like your best bet. dwarf gourami such as honey gourami, neon blue dwarf gourami, flame gourami are good. if you can, try the sparkling gourami. it's small but pretty. very hard to get some though. try to avoid big gourmi such as kissing gourami, opaline gourami, paradish fish, etc.

Ive got a good lfs if they dont have it they will order it for me. Do you think I could do maybe 5 more neon tetras with the DGs and 2 cpo

Back
Top Bottom