Need suggestions!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrage22

Aquarium Advice Freak
My tanks been set up for a couple weeks now, i've got two bigger decorations and 1 hornwort plant. So far ive only got 2 mollies for fish...
I'm looking for suggestions on what else to add, maybe some driftwood?? I just don't know how much decor is to much, but i don't want it bare either...

Attachments

• IMAG0619.jpg
    IMAG0619.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0618.jpg
    IMAG0618.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0617.jpg
    IMAG0617.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 90
  • IMAG0616.jpg
    IMAG0616.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 93
What kind of lighting do you have? It would look great with more plants IMHO :)

Its only a 15 watt fluorescent, and my tank is 28 gallons, so i know i need more light. i just don't know what i'm looking for:confused:

If you want to add more plants I would upgrade your lighting first. I don't think the light is even enough for your hornwort. If your not planning to add any plants, how about some rocks? Or more real looking fake plants.

Length is 24'', height is 18'', width i'm not sure off the top off my head...

Can you extend the legs of the fixture? If yes then those fixtures should be good for low light plants like anubias, java ferns, etc. You don't want the light sitting on the glass cover.

The links that you provided will fit on your tank but if you want to keep plants the light spectrum should be 6700K-10,000K. Plants benefit from that. Some of the fixtures from the link that you provided has actinic light and plants doesn't benefit from that. Check out this link. This fixture will be good for up to plants that requires medium light. You can customize which lights you want. The 6,700K give away a yellowish light while the 10,000K is almost white. I personally like 10,000K.

2F/2Bulbs fixtures

The link that I gave you, choose on the bulb choice "all white" and for the Color temp choose between 6,700K or 10,000K

I'm hoping that the 1.7 wpg is enough, plus its a deeper tank at 18''. So I'm guessing I should try to stay with plants that don't need a ton of light???

I also read somewhere that T5HO fixtures are very strong, so they require pressurized C02?? I don't know if this is right or not, but I did read this on a couple sites.

Back
Top Bottom