New 10g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone. I just got a new 10 g bow front tank and put 2 ghost shrimp a betta and not to sure what kinda bottom feeder I have becuz I forgot what type . I'm lookin for suggestions on how to improve my tank and what kinda fish I should add ! Let me no your ideas! My profile pic is the new tank so take a look if u want !

image-289976901.jpg

image-2472803253.jpg

I see a tetra aqua product that looks like easy balance in the right corner. PLEASE don't use that!!! It's very bad for cycling or adding period to any tank.

No no the yellow container! The one behind the betta pellets.

I see a tetra aqua product that looks like easy balance in the right corner. PLEASE don't use that!!! It's very bad for cycling or adding period to any tank.

It's tetra aqua safe plus is that bad ?

Can you take a picture of the front and the back please?

I just looked it up and the product isn't what I thought it was. Just make sure to stay away from products that change ph or "balance" ph.

New fish

How bout some albino cory get about 2" long i had some for 5 years. the last one just died:(

Ok I got it from petsmart they said it was a great product . I am really new to this. And just learning !

image-2235651484.jpg

image-3188333951.jpg

I haven't had any problems with it my betta and pleco seem happy and fine ! Actually Im pretty sure I lost both my ghost shrimp

Sorry for the confusion! So did you make sure the tank is cycled? Also what does your pleco look like how big is it?

I did exactly what the pet store told me too I just found out bout cycling I've done a few water changes and ill send u a pic of him

image-4016202543.jpg

My tank seems to be doin really good considering i started this blind eyes I have been doin lots of research ! And reading and kinda help nd suggestions would help !

That looks like a common pleco when he gets big he will need another home :/

For cycling your fish should be fine just make sure you do weekly water changes and if you're really worried about your fish get a API master test kit from amazon for like $20. Most people including myself use it and it works great.

You can spend $100s on even small 10 gallon tanks like yours. Other than your pleco your tank looks great.

Your shrimp could have died from either two fish eating them or from cycling. All crustaceans including snails are very sensitive to ammonia. Which your pleco will excrete large amounts of.

Ok thanks ! Ye I'm gonna prob find him. New home ! Docu have any other suggestions on tank mates besides tetras ?

And ye my tank was not cheap for how small it is that's for sure lol

I don't recommend tank mates at all because I thought my betta was nice and after a month he has turned aggressive.

But if you want get 5-6 small schooling fish and a mystery/apple snail would be good with a friendly betta.

When did you buy the fish?

I caught him about 2 or 3 weeks ago ! So far he's been fun with the pleco ! And ye I'm thinkin of getting some kinda tetras since there isn't much else that will go with him !

See if Rasboras and any type corydoras will go with betas. I'm sure the cories will. You will like Panda cories and Adolfo cories. Definitely get the pleco a new home. None of that species is suitable for even a 20 gallon IMO. The one you have can get 2-3 ft long.

I guess my Lps sold me something dumb then I even asked them about it ! Ill be bringing him back Tomo ! Lol and ok thanks a bunch ill gonna look those fish up !

Back
Top Bottom