New 29G Planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Congrats on finishing. If your like me you will tweak it alot over the coming weeks. I really like the layout and plant selection. Honestly have no critiques. But was wondering what kind of fish you have. My phone isnt picking up the details enough to tell

Thanks! I did just tweak it a little yesterday actually and added a few plants.

Plants:

Sunset crypt
Staurogyne repens
Nesaea crassicaulis
Ammania
Ludwigia cuba
Bacopa
Myrio matogrossense
Another type of crypt, not sure
Water sprite
Temple plant
Banana plant
Java moss
Dwarf Sag

Fish:
5 peppered cory
3swordtail
2 GBR
11 neon tetra
2 RCS
3 Amano shrimp

Ill get a good pic of the revised setup tonight or tomorrow

Nice! Looks like you're Water Sprite is beginning its takeover... I had two in my 29g, removed one after 3 months, cause it was growing outta control and sprouted off atleast eight 8"+ plantets... the other one is a bit more "tame". Now I just have the other sitting in a 5g bucket, cause I cant bring myself to trash it :)

Could you post pic from a higher angle? It looks like you have a "river" on the right side. Like i said in my first post, great work. There are typically a few things i can spot to improve a layout. But so far i cant see anything i would change

Nice! Looks like you're Water Sprite is beginning its takeover... I had two in my 29g, removed one after 3 months, cause it was growing outta control and sprouted off atleast eight 8"+ plantets... the other one is a bit more "tame". Now I just have the other sitting in a 5g bucket, cause I cant bring myself to trash it :)

You should sell it! Post it in classifieds section, shipping plants is so easy. Bet it goes like a hot-cake (y)

Also OP, I'm loving the look of the tank. Will some of those plants grow higher to fill out the top eventually?

Once the water sprite grows a bit more I'll definitely try selling it.

Also OP, I'm loving the look of the tank. Will some of those plants grow higher to fill out the top eventually?

Thanks! Thats the plan! All the plants in the back row from left to right should grow to the top making a nice background. The empty spot on the left behind the rock rock bothers me. I have a plant there but it isnt taller than the rock yet. I not a very patient person ?

Im really looking forward to when the Staurogyne repens grows enough to carpet the bottom. from what I've been told its a slow grower though.

You're an inspirational boyfriend and I'm so glad we've invested the time and money into creating beautiful aquascapes for the apartment.. What started out as a single 10 gallon tank has manifested into 3 magnificent tanks. . Love you're layout and look forward to you're next post of plant progression. :)

Hi hulka that is an ace aquascape. And a beautiful setup.

I think it would look better without the red rock though.

Good job!

Which is water sprite?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Tallest light green plant on the center. Its reaching the surface in the earlier pics I took.

Alright its been about a month and its time for an updated picture. A lot has changed. I added a lot of new plants and removed the red rock on the left. I realized it took up a lot of space I could be using for plants :facepalm:

Also, I know this tank is too small for an oscar. He is only two inches right now and I have a 125 gallon I will be putting him in so don't hate!

Attachments

• DSC_1659.jpg
    DSC_1659.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 136
  • DSC_1664.jpg
    DSC_1664.jpg
    261.5 KB · Views: 128
  • DSC_1667.jpg
    DSC_1667.jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 132
  • DSC_1668.jpg
    DSC_1668.jpg