New Additions to freshly cycled 60 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beautiful fish! I'm new to this way of life (I shudder when people label it a "hobby"), but I still have difficulty placating myself when I see a supercute fish. For me, anything adorable - insert "baby," "puppy," "kitten," (heck, even "monkey") - I want to squeeze it. You have some really squeezable fish. :D

What a drag!

The tank looks great though. I love your angels. I planning on getting a few juvies for my cube real soon.

Don't feel bad, we all still have the occassional self-induced fish distaster.

I just finished some redecoration. I've moved some of my anacharis from my 29 gallon community tank to this one. Right now it's definitely a low light tank. I'm hoping the anacharis will thrive in this tank. This is the first step in turning it into a planted tank. I also moved 3 of my mollies to this tank. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some better lighting in the near future so I can add more plants. I'm hoping to continue to breed mollies in this tank. I know the angels will really love the fry (lunch anyone;)). Hopefully the lights will allow me to plant more plants for the fry to use as shelter.

I'm sorry about your Cory. :( I was really hoping that he was ok and was hiding in your tank. As painful as it was for you to find him a week later, at least you found out what happened to him. There's no feeling like not knowing what happened to your fish when they go MIA.

As far as getting better lighting for your tank, Big Al's has 10% off and free s&h for orders over $75. I took advantage of that today... I got my new light fixture, (along w/ a few other things)! ;)

how about some gouramis! they're very colorful and i have two with my one angelfish in a 55g tank! :D
Good luck!

I know it's been a while since I've updated the status of this tank, but I've recently changes jobs with a different schedule that's taken some getting use to. During that time, however, I had to suffer through an ammonia spike of unknown reason in both of my tanks. What seems like several hundred pwc's and dumping a lot of probably unneeded chemicals I've finally gotten the tanks back into good health. I guess that I'm fortunate that I only lost 2 harlequin rasboras from this tank during that time (my other tank was not as lucky). Since then, in this tank, I've replaced the lost rasboras, transplanted 4 neon tetras from my other tank, added 2 new neons, added 2 apple snails, added a lot of artificial plants and removed 90% of my live plants. I've also upgraded my lighting a pair of 18" T8 bulbs to a double 48" T5 Coralife setup.

Having trouble adding pics now, but some are soon to follow.

how about some gouramis! they're very colorful and i have two with my one angelfish in a 55g tank! :D
Good luck!

I do have 2 red fire dwarf gourami and and contemplating adding either some other type of dwarf gourami or a couple of turquoise rainbows.

Okay... Now i've got 1 Dwarf Gourami with the Angel... I was on vacation leaving the tank to my mom and it died. I don't know much about rainbows but dwarf fouramis are GREAT fish though make sure it's not picking on your tetras. I have 20 tetras in with them... 8 neon tetras... 6 glowlight tetras... and 6 black neon tetras!

Back
Top Bottom