New Additions to freshly cycled 60 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OhNeil1969

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just finished cycling my new 60 gallon tank. Thought I'd post some pictures of some of my new tank mates. Besides the angelfish picture, the tank has some cory cats and harlequin rasboras. I'm still trying to get a good picture of the darker marble veiltail angelfish.

Attachments

• Angelfish in 60g Tank.jpg
    Angelfish in 60g Tank.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 442
  • White Marble Angelfish.jpg
    White Marble Angelfish.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 432
Just a side note or (good way) on how to stock your tank with angels is: For every adult size angelfish, it should take up 10 gallons. If you follow that, you will be limited on how many angels your put in there (by the way, how many angels do you gots?)

Look for tank mates that are not too aggressive, non-nippy, and cannot be eaten once the angel fish fully grown. Have you considered a pearl gouarmi, black neon tetra, or a bristlenose pleco? What type of fish do you like?

Just a side note or (good way) on how to stock your tank with angels is: For every adult size angelfish, it should take up 10 gallons. If you follow that, you will be limited on how many angels your put in there (by the way, how many angels do you gots?)

Look for tank mates that are not too aggressive, non-nippy, and cannot be eaten once the angel fish fully grown. Have you considered a pearl gouarmi, black neon tetra, or a bristlenose pleco? What type of fish do you like?

Right now I have 2 angels. I'm looking to add only 2 more. I'm also open to new breeds of interesting fish. This tank has breeds that I've never had before. I've had most of the tetras, a lot of mollies, some guppies and others that are easily found at the basic LFS. Right now I have harlequin rasboras and cory cats in there with the angels. I was thinking of adding a fish with color and personality, something that adds some pizzazz to the community. I know that may be kind of vague, but like I said, I'm looking for something different than what I've done in the past. It's one of those situations where I'll know it when I see it:).

How about some rainbow fish? They are really neat in schools and look nice in bigger aquaria.

How about some rainbow fish? They are really neat in schools and look nice in bigger aquaria.

I was really interested in some boesemani rainbows. The lady at the LFS said that they really don't school, that's why I opted out. Of course, I should have my head examined for listening to someone from a fish store. The other weird thing I thought was that they wanted $25 for each fish, none of which were bigger than 2.5 inches. At that price it's not a school, it's a university (I know, really bad joke:)).

you are so welcome...they are really lovely...wish I could have one, but my tanks will not allow me to....maybe later when I will be richer than I am now and get me a 60G too..:). But I do move a lot so my smaller tanks are practical for me right now. Have a good time finding your new addition..:)

OhNeil1969 said:
I was really interested in some boesemani rainbows. The lady at the LFS said that they really don't school, that's why I opted out. Of course, I should have my head examined for listening to someone from a fish store. The other weird thing I thought was that they wanted $25 for each fish, none of which were bigger than 2.5 inches. At that price it's not a school, it's a university (I know, really bad joke:)).

Hahaha I thought it was funny... Maybe because I know the painful cost. Ha

Your tank looks very nice. Is this one that you had to convince the wife for?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium

Hahaha I thought it was funny... Maybe because I know the painful cost. Ha

Your tank looks very nice. Is this one that you had to convince the wife for?

Yep, this is that tank. My wife likes it though and has even warmed up to the idea of a third tank. BTW, thanks for "getting" the joke:)!

OhNeil1969 said:
Yep, this is that tank. My wife likes it though and has even warmed up to the idea of a third tank. BTW, thanks for "getting" the joke:)!

Oh yey! Third tank! Maybe you should venture into SW.

Sorry for the delay in adding the pictures I promised. I wanted to wait until I got the other angels in. Here are some of my new tank mates. I do have 1 bit of bad news to report though. I'm really embarrassed to admit this, but I accidentally vacuumed 1 of my cory cats and now I can't find him. I tried frantically to save him, but in my haste I lost him when I disassembled the gravel vac with pressure still in it. I know, I'm so ashamed! Please forgive me!

Attachments

• 2 angels_3100264.jpg
    2 angels_3100264.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 239
  • Red Dwarf Gourami_3050237.jpg
    Red Dwarf Gourami_3050237.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 1 New Angel_3100254.jpg
    1 New Angel_3100254.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 240
  • _3100248.jpg
    _3100248.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 250
beautiful pics as usual ohneil.

i am so sorry to hear about your cory though. I hope he is still there somewhere. i am trying to think positive. that just reminded me of this morning when i woke up and i cannot find my pleco. i was frantically looking all over for him in my tank, under the tank, and every side of the tank to no avail. then i tried looking at my filter media and here he was trying to get out after I took the media out and put it back in...so whewww. i do hope you can still find yours...

beautiful pics as usual ohneil.

i am so sorry to hear about your cory though. I hope he is still there somewhere. i am trying to think positive. that just reminded me of this morning when i woke up and i cannot find my pleco. i was frantically looking all over for him in my tank, under the tank, and every side of the tank to no avail. then i tried looking at my filter media and here he was trying to get out after I took the media out and put it back in...so whewww. i do hope you can still find yours...

Thanks Daileene! I hope he's in there somewhere too. My wife, however, is the naysayer. She insists he has to be dead:(. Either way, I hope I find him soon.

Back
Top Bottom