New betta ! ! !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I finally got a betta ! I always wanted a all white betta and was at petsmart the other day and saw this betta and put him back on the shelf and went home , then all that night and the next day all I could think of was this off white betta I saw there , so I went back and bought him , he is a male I believe and I know he is a half moon betta for sure , so my first plan was to turn this gumball machine I have into a betta tank ( still will ) but I went on Craigslist and found this tetra water wonders 3 gallon aquarium with filter , plants , and light brand new for ten bucks , the only thing is the bulb was blown ( halogen light -few bucks ) , so need to replace that , also if you guys can see my cat decided too help me out with the set up and he took a break and rested in the packaging , so what you guys think ?!

Attachments

• image-1501327383.jpg
    image-1501327383.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 145
  • image-1626207639.jpg
    image-1626207639.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1516476420.jpg
    image-1516476420.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 142
  • image-1360936726.jpg
    image-1360936726.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 134
very nice? How big is the 'gumball machine'? I think a tank is more appropriate, with a filter and light. Betta's also need a heater to keep temps between 78-82

ashleynicole said:
very nice? How big is the 'gumball machine'? I think a tank is more appropriate, with a filter and light. Betta's also need a heater to keep temps between 78-82

The gumball machine is big enough , but as of now he has all he can be happy on a 3 gallon tank , filter , and light , as of a heater goes I'm keeping a eye on that cause when I replace that bulb it runs warm and my house stays at around 78 , so if it looks like it needs one I'll pick one up

KonvictKeeper said:
My cats like to drink out of my tanks...

My cat doesn't drink out of the tanks themselves but he does drink the water from the 5 gallon water change buckets , also he stocks my puffers and bats at the glass and they just look at him like he is an idiot cause they know he can't get them .. LOL

i saw a very similar betta at petsmart the other day, it was so hard not to take it home with me, but i have nowhere to put him :(

New said:
i saw a very similar betta at petsmart the other day, it was so hard not to take it home with me, but i have nowhere to put him :(

Ya , it's real hard not to want to rescue them all from that small little cup they are sold in . Mine is so happy in his 3 gallon tank , he has been really active and very friendly !

KonvictKeeper said:
My cats get up on the stand and follow my cichlids around the tank. It's pretty funny to watch.

That's awesome ! Ya it's funny how they think that maybe one day they my catch them threw the glass , I finally got video of my cat stocking the puffers this morning .

Here is his new hut , he swims around it like crazy !

Attachments

• image-1606299309.jpg
    image-1606299309.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45
  • image-362681125.jpg
    image-362681125.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom