New Corner 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shalehouse

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently moved and got rid of all of my tanks thinking that I would get out of the hobby. But I just couldn't stay away so I got a 5 gallon corner tank. It has been set up for a little over a week. Here are some pictures:

img_852038_0_5c9cfacd03af0adfb48fffc4ce564fc5.jpg

img_852038_1_80ab55948059cb75d426202bd5b4da94.jpg

img_852038_2_7bc87a237a6e3a043c6a0f5096e12415.jpg

I just added the java moss yesterday so it hasn't had time to stick to anything yet. The lace plant only had two small leaves on it when I got it a week ago and has completely taken off. It has been great fun to watch since I am doing a fishless cycle and the tank is pretty boring otherwise. Let me know what you think. I'm not great at aquascaping and just sort of threw everything in there. So if anyone has any ideas about what would make it look for professional let me know. Thanks.

It's a 13 watt compact fluorescent from the grocery store over a 5 gallon technically, but probably more like 4 gallons of actual water. Sooo, about 3.25 wpg. :)

Well thats plenty of light for any type of freshwater plant. That would look great with a few plants covering the bottom with tall plants in the back. Maybe some Endlers would look amazing in there. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah. I wanted to do a little something different than the usual lawn in the front with bunch plants in the back. I also wanted to try out some plants that I'd never grown before. And the Madagascar Lace Plant is going nuts. The flower stalk has grown about 3-4 inches since yesterday and is now growing across the top of the water ready to bloom any minute. I'll post pics if it actually flowers.

Back
Top Bottom