New Planted 2.5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okay so i found the sand at my home depot but i'm wondering it doesn't say 100% silica sand just clean silica sand, so i'm wondering if there might be3 something else in it that could be harmful nice tank btw

okay so i found the sand at my home depot but i'm wondering it doesn't say 100% silica sand just clean silica sand, so i'm wondering if there might be3 something else in it that could be harmful nice tank btw

I just checked my bag and it doesn't say either. I have kept fish with it before though with no problems.

Thanks for the tank compliment.

I just noticed the heater you have in there. Its one of those little pads, right?

Since you're in Florida, I doubt you have much to worry about, but when I used one for my 5 gallon, it didn't even register 1 degree of temperature difference on my thermometer.

well the heater isn't needed right now both of my aquariums are don't have heaters and they're almost 80 degrees but i'm sure during the winter i'm sure it might get too cold.

Yea I live in Central Florida the heater probably isn't needed right now, but come winter we will have nights when it gets down into the 30's and 40's and the heater will be needed then. I am thinking of switching to a marineland stealth heater that will only turn on when the tank temp drops below 78.

Yea I live in Central Florida the heater probably isn't needed right now, but come winter we will have nights when it gets down into the 30's and 40's and the heater will be needed then. I am thinking of switching to a marineland stealth heater that will only turn on when the tank temp drops below 78.

Yeah, it'd probably be better to pick up something a tad more reliable.

Also, I refuse to believe that Florida ever gets cold!;)

Yeah, it'd probably be better to pick up something a tad more reliable.

Also, I refuse to believe that Florida ever gets cold!;)

It never gets cold if you live in Miami, but ever since I moved to Orlando I realized that it is possible.

where did you find your slate, and would you be interested in selling left overs?

I got it off aqua bid.

I believe I have some leftovers in Miami, it might take few a few days to check so I will get back to you then, but yea you can have them if your willing to pay shipping. Ill let you know.

Back
Top Bottom