New sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the sand, I am just about to do the same thing with my new set up. dose sand come in different colors?

I am trying to get that answer myself, a lot of people here talk about pool filter sand but i don't have a clue what it even looks like, i see cichlid sand but the salt & pepper look I don't like. What I do like is the tan colored argonite sand but i don't know if that can be used in F/W according to my dealer.

They do make different colored Freshwater sands. Petsmart will carry a white black and a tan..ish sand.. the tan is more of a gravel then it is a sand. I had a black sand tank.. it didnt only stink.. but it held in sulpher smelling gas... it was hard to keep clean.. and never really did justice to the tank.

I ended up making a sandbox for the loaches to play in and feed in.. that way i can clean it.. boil it or whatever i wish to do with it... If you plan on using it though.. make sure you get about 2 bags for a 29g.. 5 for a 55g.. you lose half during the rinse stage lol

wow that was really helpful thanks, I am going to get it tonite...I gotta get this thing cycled asap, I want my fish

I don't care for the black stuff, i want a lighter color sand like the argonite reef sand.

Back
Top Bottom