New tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crew

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm new.
Just throwing that out there.
I got a 29 gallon with nothing in it right now.
My water is brackish so I'm thinking I might try cichlids.
Quick question too, is it possible to lower the amount of O2 from my airstone? It's rather... A lot. I'd prefer if less came out.

Attachments

• image-2464853542.jpg
    image-2464853542.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 205
Finally!
Haha I couldn't find a sight that would tell me anything about it -.-
But this helped a lot, so thank you.
I'm going to leave it like it is for now because I have no fish. All the circulation is probably good for the tank.
Thanks again!

Oh also.
How many would I need? Kind of a difficult question based on my limited knowledge.
The maximum output of airstones is 2 for this pump.
Should I just grab the double?
I'm only using one of the outlets right now... Maybe just 1?
Please let me know.

Crew said:
Oh also.
How many would I need? Kind of a difficult question based on my limited knowledge.
The maximum output of airstones is 2 for this pump.
Should I just grab the double?
I'm only using one of the outlets right now... Maybe just 1?
Please let me know.

1 should be enough.

Crew said:
I'm new.
Just throwing that out there.
I got a 29 gallon with nothing in it right now.
My water is brackish so I'm thinking I might try cichlids.
Quick question too, is it possible to lower the amount of O2 from my airstone? It's rather... A lot. I'd prefer if less came out.

Cichlids are freshwater... Not brackish at all... Unless I missed a memo lol.

Im likely mis-using the term brackish.
It's our well water... Which seemed to spike in my tank-ph that is.
I tested my tank a few weeks ago an it was crazy high, tested our tap water and it was actually really low... Not sure what the deal is.
But it's been running a bunch. Had an airstone going it's full potential to circulate water all night to help. Shut it off this morning.

One should do it then :) thanks!

Crew said:
Im likely mis-using the term brackish.
It's our well water... Which seemed to spike in my tank-ph that is.
I tested my tank a few weeks ago an it was crazy high, tested our tap water and it was actually really low... Not sure what the deal is.
But it's been running a bunch. Had an airstone going it's full potential to circulate water all night to help. Shut it off this morning.

One should do it then :) thanks!

Ya... Brackish is the combination of fresh and salt water. It's basically an estuary. But yes, cichlids do need higher PH.

Ah. Then it is nott brackish... Unless my tap water is salty...
Thanks again.
I'll be on vacation from the 12th-28 as well.
Basically my tank will have been running for over a month. I think it'll be cycled.

roydooms said:
1 should be enough.

I can't find a store near me that sells the single valve. Not a big deal... Found out how cheap they are. If I buy the double do I have to use both outlets?
As in using both valves. I only have interest in using the one.

Crew said:
I can't find a store near me that sells the single valve. Not a big deal... Found out how cheap they are. If I buy the double do I have to use both outlets?

No, you don't have to use both. You can close the valves that you don't want to use.

What kind of cichlids were you thinking? I'm also about to start a 29gal over again, and am trying to figure out exactly what I want to do (hardest part of the whole process). I'd like to do another cichlid tank but the choices are limited for 29gal. What were you thinking?

bstnrdsx said:
What kind of cichlids were you thinking? I'm also about to start a 29gal over again, and am trying to figure out exactly what I want to do (hardest part of the whole process). I'd like to do another cichlid tank but the choices are limited for 29gal. What were you thinking?

Very very true. The size limits lots of the africans. I was advised and likely will follow through with rams, shells and some assorted.
I was also looking at a jewel cichlid a snow white and a black convict.
Any of those. Still deciding.
Any ideas?

Any specifics you can think of?
Ive looked em up but I'd like to know some good combinations.

Like I had said I really like fish like German Blue Rams or Gold Rams. Are you wanting to combine cichlids or have like a community with a pair of them?

Another thing you may try is burying the airstone under your gravel it creates a much different effect.

Back
Top Bottom