new tank almost finished for discus fishes!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i wouldnt worry too much about c02 for java ferns. they will grow in pretty much any light. i added liquid fert's to my low tech tank, and the ferns are growing really fast. i have low lighting too. i really like your tank, the aquascaping is awesome . :)

make sure the rhizomes on those java ferns are up out of the substrate. For liquid fertilizer i recommend kent pro-plant. I've had great results with it for those exact type of plants without using CO2. They didn't get huge right away, but they did get big after a year or so.

yup - rhizomes are exposed in the water - i tied the plants with nylon but it seems that i have a diatom bloom - i hope it goes away soon, but im not panicking yet! lol

i wouldnt worry too much about c02 for java ferns. they will grow in pretty much any light. i added liquid fert's to my low tech tank, and the ferns are growing really fast. i have low lighting too. i really like your tank, the aquascaping is awesome . :)

yup i had java ferns in my old aquarium before but its a different specie (?) the leaves are thinner and slender. do they come in diffferent types?

thats it - too much brown algae/diatoms - i decided to put phospate reductor in the external filter - i hope it works!

laoski said:
thats it - too much brown algae/diatoms - i decided to put phospate reductor in the external filter - i hope it works!

Great video...how's the phosphate reductor working out for ya?

Great video...how's the phosphate reductor working out for ya?

i got a little impatient - i bought also 10 otocinlus and would you believe in just 2 days everything was almost gone?! i wish i made a before and after pic! hahahaha now im worrying what the otos would eat lol i gotta buy some algae wafers!

well im glad i also put the phosphate reductor coz im scared of having black beard algae again!

laoski said:
hey ya - i took a look at your album! yes - we almost had the same discus - the pigeon blood strain! and youve got some pretty and healthy discus there ^_^

Thank you haha same to you, I love those discus

Omg what an amazing tank
Those roots are exactly what I've been looking for!
Your fish are also very beautiful!

What other fish do you have in here? It looks AMAZING! I wanna start a discus tank now!!!!! :D sick

Back
Top Bottom