newbie's first 20-L tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alcarinhwesta

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm not really here to "show off". I'm more looking for input from people who have been doing this longer than I have. Please feel free to leave comments and thoughts!

38169-albums1642-picture11108.jpg

38169-albums1642-picture11070.jpg

38169-albums1642-picture11120.jpg

38169-albums1642-picture11110.jpg

38169-albums1642-picture11119.jpg

38169-albums1642-picture11109.jpg

Looks real good. Notice you have platies. What else u gonna stock? Be prepped for fry!

I have 6 platys, 4 cardinal tetras (a tad harder to photograph), 2 pepper cories (going to get 2 more as soon as I safely can), and 1 Nerite snail.

I'm actually not sure what the ratio is, but I'm fairly certain I have a few females

Try keeping 3 females per male. Easy enough to identify. If it has a little 'tube' around the anal fin it is male.

Do u have any live plants in the tank right now?

Yes, I just can't remember what it is. We started with 1 bunch and it grew so quickly, that we now have 4 bunches (that probably need clipping soon)

IMO 1 Amazon Sword, some L. Repens, and hornwort would be nice to add. But first u need the right lighting conditions.

What lights do u have?
wattage -
k aka kelvins -
lumens -

So, apparently, disaster struck around 2am this morning. We had a power outage. I woke up around 4:30 and noticed that the filter wasn' pulling water, but it had been running dry for 2 hrs. It took another hour before the motor cooled down enough to start running again. Any advice on how to safeguard against this in the future?

Run two filters, turn one off and unplug one at night, so if it happens again, you've got backup.

Back
Top Bottom