Okay to use?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Metalheadx

Aquarium Advice Freak
Not sure if this is the right section to post this but , what's your guys thoughts on using this plastic train car in my puffers tank. The train is all plastic and is not painted , and the metal screws I'll take off it , so what you guys think ?!

Attachments

• image-2069956537.jpg
    image-2069956537.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 90
  • image-1590574633.jpg
    image-1590574633.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 82
Plastic can still leach (think of the issues with what is safe to stick in a microwave). If you feel comfortable, go right ahead. But, it can still leach and especially if it is a "made in china", god knows what that plastic is made of.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
Plastic can still leach (think of the issues with what is safe to stick in a microwave). If you feel comfortable, go right ahead. But, it can still leach and especially if it is a "made in china", god knows what that plastic is made of.

Ya for sure ! That's why I haven't yet and still researching what kinds are safe and finding exactly what kind it's made out of ! It's just a cool toy train car and my puffers I'm sure will love to swim in and out of it . Thanks for the response and opinion .

You could always try a guinea pig tank. I mean, there are tests for rocks/wood, but I'm not sure that would have any reaction with plastic. I'm sorry I can't help you more. Send it to me and I'll sneak into the labs at my university and test it. haha

TheCrazyFishLady said:
You could always try a guinea pig tank. I mean, there are tests for rocks/wood, but I'm not sure that would have any reaction with plastic. I'm sorry I can't help you more. Send it to me and I'll sneak into the labs at my university and test it. haha

LOL that would be cool if you could . Im not sure if I'll use it but just think it's cool and just thought it would hurt to ask others o2 first .

Try sticking it in a bucket of water and watch what happens. That will give you an idea if it is safe or not. I would leave it in there for maybe a couple of weeks to a month. Then if you are comfortable with it still, stick it in your tank.

Rebel1970 said:
Try sticking it in a bucket of water and watch what happens. That will give you an idea if it is safe or not. I would leave it in there for maybe a couple of weeks to a month. Then if you are comfortable with it still, stick it in your tank.

Ya I was thinking that too ! Thanks I might go head and do that ! Now I'll have to just find a spot where cat doesn't go cause he likes to drink water out of buckets and stuff ! LOL

Rebel1970 said:
Get a bucket from Home Depot or Lowe's with a lid, thats what I use.

Ya I have a few of those buckets from home depot already ( minus the lids though ) I use them for my water changes and stuff like that .... I was more in the lines of joking about my cat but , he really does like to drink out of them so I'll have to check home depot for the lids when I'm there next time .

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO::lol:

no offence to anyone. But I just found that comment hilarious!

Bubble_B0y said:
LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:ROFLMAO::lol:

no offence to anyone. But I just found that comment hilarious!

Oh I agree , there is no offense when it is true !!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom