Opinions on my tanks please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alex93

Aquarium Advice Activist
Wanted a colourful tank but worried it's started to look tacky also anyone have ideas on makingImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406922757.237750.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406922786.137246.jpg it better please post :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

DW and lots of plants always make a tank look better. This is just my opinion tho.

I'm not really one for the fake plants and decor, but yours really looks good :)

You need to do nothing else to this it looks perfect

Thank you I was worried it was starting to look tacky with do many fake plants but the fishes love hiding in them so didn't wanna take there fave part of the tank out :)

Your tank looks great. I have a preference for natural looking gravel if a tank has plants in it though. All but one of my tanks has black gravel and the other one has river sand. If i changed anything about your tank it would be getting a natural looking substrate. Black backgrounds are pretty popular too. If you have a black shirt or something black to peg on the back of your tank you could see if you like how it makes the tank look. Blue or grey backgrounds look good too IMO.If you don't like the look you can just remove the pegs. Plants and fish stand out well with a darker background.

Don't take any of this as a criticism of your tank though. I like the balance of color the plants add and the stones and other ornaments, just not big on blue gravel. I had multi colored gravel (referred to here as clown puke gravel) in my first tank and hated it and have never wanted anything but natural looking substrate since then.

Deffo gunna try the black background Thing that sound wicked thank you I wanted honest opinion so deffo won't take offence think your ideas are really good :) I'm being giving a tank double the size and length of this one on a stand tomorrow and wanna try make it look all natural use ing sand pebbles and real plant hopefully it's look okay :)

Oooh MTS here we come. Live plants can be a challenge, but hopefully you find it more rewarding when you go planted. Your fish will thank you.

Haha iv got a lol one gallon tank so iv been havingImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1406980130.669032.jpg a lil play around with that and trying to figure what's gunna look good think am gunna do something like this but with sand instead or maybe have bunches of plants plotted around with pebbles around the base lol

The only thing that looks "fake" and "tacky" is the plastic jelly fish and coral.
Everything else looks fine, but jellyfish and coral just don't belong in a freshwater tank, IMHO.

Putting a black background up would also help the look a lot, but overall it looks good.

Yeah your problem right lol think when my dons not looking have up get rid of the jellyfish he thinks it's real lol thank you x

Take all fake plants and blue grav....
Just white sand and a nice piece of wood.

I love your pebbles!!! :)

Colors look nice. I have some like that mixed with natural whites and browns. Wish I hadn't done that. Colors or natural, not mixed, lol. The greenery keeps it nice. Add a bunch of bright colored fake stuff and you're headed into tacky territory.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom