Paludarium Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK new 75 g in the house .Only $99 new at my LFS for Aqueon...
So slight change in plans now I have to drill it .
As luck has it I have an Eshopp Eclipse overflow that is attached by drilling through side or back of tank..It can be installed at any height so thinking again if 12 " is where I want water level..
Going to get this build back on track hopefully.....

I've been told 'rain day' tomorrow already ...(y)
The real PIA will be taking the top off and switching tanks ..
Yea gotta paint the back of this one black and silicone slates in place on back...:whistle:
I really think besides a misting system more advanced then my spray bottle I have everything else...I still may add a few more bells and whistles after I get this running...:brows:

Quick update ...
Aqueon new tanks are tempered on the back also...!
Ask me how I know ?
BOOM!:eek:
Ever feel like you are just not supposed to do what you want ?
I went about drilling with way more confidence then I ever would have re sealing....The back shattered as I just scored the glass[within first 10 seconds ...] .10 million little pieces are the hallmark of tempered glass...
Now it seems I have to scrape and re seal the original overflow tank or buy a new overflow tank....:banghead:
One obstacle after another on what should have been an easy build....
I hope to stop shaking my head some time today but for now I will keep my deepest thoughts to myself ...:whistle:

I understand this feeling, (my life, lol) very sorry to hear how something so (seemingly and in thought so) simple has become such a difficult chore.

New Deep Blue 75 g with corner overflow has been ordered...
Should be here next week..,.
Then hopefully to put water to this.

I have been bucked from this horse before !
I will ride it in style eventually ...
Possibly sore and bruised but that won't show !
The pain never shows !
I have to admit I just kind of laughed when the tank exploded...Never had a leaker or damage like that in 30+ years ...I will say upon purchase I thought to my self the glass looked thinner ? I will measure the old 75 g out in shop eventually but I bet the new tank has thinner glass also.. Another hallmark of tempered glass...
Got a good deal on tank [$20 less then next LFS] and should have decent fish credit by then ?
This is sort of a dream tank I have long thought about ..It might throw more obstacles at me but I really want this set up and breathing...
I am pretty lucky so can't say it was one of those days ,but his has been one of those builds for me.....I will get eventually..
The new tank is kind of important IMO as scratches on used tanks are always a big detractor to me so this is worth waiting for to me..

New Deep blue 75g is in the house .
Over flow has be removed ,cut down and re installed and caulked .
Just waiting for caulk to cure and switch out tanks and will be back in business..
With overflow in left corner[now] I will be re thinking the tanks lay out .

Zoo Med Hydro Balls ...They are clay balls for terrariums but say right in directions they can be placed directly in water for better 'filtration'..I was leaning on them being good/decent for plants and for adding volume to the substrate for a more 'scaped' /deep substrate effect...

Ooooh, new beautiful tank, can not wait to see how it looks!

Those balls are supposed to be good. I haven't used them, but the porous nature is supposed to be a nice benefit for fish keeping.

Overflow has been curing and I am confident . I tried cutting slates several times yesterday evening but could not be happy with anything I did.. Had a rain day today [who loves the rain ? This guy right here !] and thought I should go back to one of my LFS and see what 'Universal Rocks' backgrounds they had .. They are kind of pricey but some are very detailed ...I was resigned to get a medium grade for like $120 and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a "misc. flat cut" that fits my 75 within I think 3/4 of an inch for $49 ! I have knotched/cut out it for the overflow and will be siliconing it in place .
Possibly this could be good to go by weekend ?

Back
Top Bottom