Phish's 40g upgrade to 75g breeding Ram build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you put them in a new community tank it broke their spawning cycle. Be patient as it could be alittle bit before they kick in again but they should. I haven't had issues of spawning in community tanks... other than the fry getting picked off! But sometimes if there is enough low dense cover some usually make it.

Yeah, iv been thinking along that line. I'm pretty sure with the final stock list in the tank. Fry survival would be nill lol. I'm planning on pulling eggs as soon as a see then. I have a extra sponge filter running in the 20L to keep it cycled. An a five gallon tank ready and waiting. ;-)

Thanks!! Native, the CFL's I have now are on a standard 75g. So the lights are 18 inches from the substrate. The only change I'm going to make to them is I want to go to a 10 1/2 dome. They sell the 101/2 clamp light at lowes for 11$. It will just help the light coverage IMO.

Thanks rivercats! I was smiling as they netted them. I had a feeling you would approve. Going to up the danios, rummies and kuhlii's to six each this weekend and that should finish the stock.

For the rams update. I have broken them up. Each pair have their own tank. Pair one is solo in a 20l below the show tank still adjusting. The sail fin's are in the show tank. Not sure how much they like all the additions. they aren't showing any spawning behavior. so I may need to change them around. Because they are the pair that has to spawn. Knowing they are fertile. Them not spawning just can't happen as far as I'm concerned. Pair three have a new home at my office in a fifteen. I think they may spawn this weekend.

Would 12 be better since its wider or no? Smaller ones you think would have deeper coverage. I'm going tomorrow to pick up mine. I may get the 10s too but ours are 8 at wallyworld lol

The 8s should work fine. I have mine sitting right on the glass and just think I would get less of a spot light effect from the 10's. It seems trivial when I start thinking about it. And I'm not totally sure it would change anything......ok now I'm going to get one tomorrow and try it. Il let you know! Lol

The 8s should work fine. I have mine sitting right on the glass and just think I would get less of a spot light effect from the 10's. It seems trivial when I start thinking about it. And I'm not totally sure it would change anything......ok now I'm going to get one tomorrow and try it. Il let you know! Lol

Alright sounds good glad to see everything is working out and coming along nicely. Great job!

Hey all! I know I fell off the forum plant for awhile. Life came o'knocking and demanded attention. Big changes! All good for once, haha 《knock on wood》. Better job and beautiful 4yr girl thats growing way to fast for daddy.

Anyway, thought an update was way over due. Have two pairs of rams left from the starter. Lost a male about a month ago just out of the blue. No visible signs as to why. All lvls and other fish were fine. Iv only have one other spawn in the last few months. Think it is really due to me going to one large WC a week combined with the addition of the fire ring daneio's and angel's.

In truth, with how busy Iv been just having them healthy and happy has been wonderful and the ritual of sprawling in the recliner in front of the tank has helped keep me sane.
The only real problem issue the tank has had. Is the dreaded black beard alge iv been fighting. That stuff is a nightmare! When people say it is a tough fight. Thats an understatment in my opinion but I think im slowly slowly winning the war.
I look forward to catching up with everyone. Going to add some pics in just a few mins

pics

67720-albums11716-picture58125.jpg

67720-albums11716-picture58123.jpg

Camera hog!!!

67720-albums11716-picture58124.jpg

Glad your back but life and family come first! Overall the tank still looks good from the pic's! Sorry you lost your male but 3 years is about all the longer they live so if he was a big guy he might have just come to the end of his life cycle.

What are you doing to fight the BBA?

Iv up'ed the excel and increased water changes. Also pulling and scrubbing decor. Have really found a consist metod in forums. Everyone seemsvto do different things and half of those arent sure what worked in the end. Very frustrating

What works in one person's tank doesn't always work in anothers. Keep at it and you'll get everything balanced out.

Hey! Good to be back! Busy summer. Nope didnt have luck with the tears. In fact Iv been fighting BBA for over 2 months and Lost a few rams. Its been a nightmare of my own making but I think things are starting to turn a corner for the better. Now im Starting to regroup. Going to start with lighting. Going to order a finnex FugeRay Planted+ LED which will step the tank back to a med light from what im reading. Staying with pps-pros but plan on switching liquid carbon out for co2 after seeing what this light does. Not sure what im going to do fish wise but for now just community till get the plant stuff dialed back in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom