pics! (broadband)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ineubis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wanted a put a few pics up...show off my tank. Enjoy!

Whole tank

freshtank.jpg

Then here's a pic of just the scats and loaches

scats.jpg

I have 2 more red scats (nickel-sized) that have been added since this pic, but they're too small to notice right now away...but that's my freshwater tank. Will post my saltwater pics in the appropriate forum.

Thanks!

what size tank is it...

i'd like to do my decor like that, but how do you clean up fish waste, and excess food?

my tank is just gravel, with some caves (orginal i know)

it's a 65 gallon high.

I remove everything to clean the gravel. I get to re-decorate every time I do a water change, which is fun. I have a huge new piece of driftwood, that I'm going to put on the left side (removing the smaller piece, and honeycomb rock)

As for excess food though, all of my fish eat from the gravel, so none really goes to waste...

Heck, the datnoid is a hunter/predator, and he'll even suck an occasional mysis shrimp or bloodworm out of the rocks, heh...

I've always liked scats, but I thought they were backish water fish. If I am wrong then I would love to get some for my tank.

I've always liked scats, but I thought they were backish water fish. If I am wrong then I would love to get some for my tank.

I only have aquarium salt in there, and they are healthy as a horse.

A friend of mine who has owned scats for 16 yrs (who got me hooked on them) has tried with both Marine Salt, and with Aquarium salt on them, and said he's had much more luck and longevity keeping scats in the aquarium salt.

The datnoid is a brackish fish as well, and he's doing super in my tank.

Now comes the true test though, I just got my first two baby red scats on Sunday, so I will have to raise my own. Not getting nice, fit, healthy specimens from the "scat refuge"..lol

Back
Top Bottom